Top Sox Moments So Far

fathom

Every year, I try to make a thread like this at the All-Star Break and at the end of the season. This season has been pretty bland, all things considered. Here's my top 5:

5: Thome's 3 run homer on opening day against Kansas City

4: The Sunday game in Milwaukee featuring Buehrle's homer, AJP's clutch single, and the first "Hell Yes"

3: Jenks getting Span to hit into a double play to end Saturday's game in Minnesota

2: Dye and Konerko going back-to-back to both hit their 300th home run

1: Gordon Beckham's walk-off single against the Cubs

5. Beckham burns the Cubs with walk-off

4. Buehrle shows that "Chicks Dig the Long Ball"

3. Thome wins it on Opening Day

2. Dye and Konerko go back-to-back both hitting career homer 300

1. Paulee goes deep 3 times, causing Hawk to throw out the "Hell Yes" call

I was at 2 of these.

3. Dye 300 / Konerko 300

2. Beckham's walk-off vs. the Cubs- I was at this one... the game was back and forth all day and it was great to see our top spect come through.

1. Konerko's 3-homer game - not only was I there, but it felt so good for Pauly to get a night like that.

Dye and Konerko going back-to-back to both hit their 300th home run should be #1. That will probably never happen again in the history of baseball. I was ticked off last night during the pregame of the Derby when they showed highlights for the first half of the season, espn had absolutely no mention of this but mentioned Giambi's 400 HR and Dunn's 300 HR. Beckham's first hit on June 9th is high on my list because that is my birthday. The Low moment of the season has to be that 19-1 beatdown the day Jake Peavy rejected the trade to come here. What a terrible day.

QUOTE (GO CHI SOX! @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
Dye and Konerko going back-to-back to both hit their 300th home run should be #1. That will probably never happen again in the history of baseball. I was ticked off last night during the pregame of the Derby when they showed highlights for the first half of the season, espn had absolutely no mention of this but mentioned Giambi's 400 HR and Dunn's 300 HR. Beckham's first hit on June 9th is high on my list because that is my birthday. The Low moment of the season has to be that 19-1 beatdown the day Jake Peavy rejected the trade to come here. What a terrible day.

Konerko could hit three grand slams, Dye could hit for the cycle twice, and Buehrle could pitch a perfect game and ESPN would still talk about the Yankees, BoSox, Mets, or tennis first.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
MLB Network >>> ESPN. In fact with NFL and MLB networks plus CSN, screw ESPN I don't need them.

Yes, I agree, i'd say the top moment was Bacon's walkoff, with the Hell Yes's not far behind.

3. Beckham walkoff against the Cubs - I don't hate on the Cubs as much as most of the posters here, but that is definitely one of the better moments of the season.

2. Paulie's 3-HR game

1. The Sunday Brewers game that featured Buehrle's HR, Clayton Richard as a pinch runner and AJP's single to win it. The fact that I was there made it even better :P

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 04:52 PM)
5.) 6-4-3 DP on Span

4.) Thome's Opening Day Bomb

3.) Dye/Konerko back-to-back 300's

2.) Beckham Slays the Cubs

1.) Konerko's 3 HR Game

Regarding number 5, didn't Ramirez hit take it himself at 2B?