Obama.

TheBigHurt

Throwing out the first pitch at the All-Star game wearing a Sox jacket. Awesome. And for me, a guy originally from St. Louis (a huge Cardinals fan), seeing this in St. Louis while Pujols is the guy to catch the ball... it's even more awesome.

What's cooler than the President being a Sox fan?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SAVVY18 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 07:44 PM)
Now that was SWEET!!! I was just hoping he would come out in a Sox hat...but the Jacket!!! Over the top cool!!!

HELL YES!!!!

that was awesome! esp bcuz buck said that he was a sox fan and some people booed obama for wearing a sox jacket and not a cards one :)

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 08:46 PM)
that was awesome! esp bcuz buck said that he was a sox fan and some people booed obama for wearing a sox jacket and not a cards one :)

I HIGHLY doubt he was booed for his jacket. Without getting to political, his approval ratings are at an all time low.

Really cool to see him represent us though.

Also really cool Joe Buck referred to us as the "Sox" and not Boston.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 07:52 PM)
I HIGHLY doubt he was booed for his jacket. Without getting to political, his approval ratings are at an all time low.

Nah. I'm certain it was because he wasn't wearing a Cardinals jacket while throwing out the first pitch.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 09:56 PM)
Maybe everyone in Chicago.

Out here nyc area they do. When ever I mention I'm a sox fan people ask me how long Obama has been a fan. Obama has not exactly hid his team allegiance you know.

Maybe they live under a rock in St Louis? I doubt they don't know he's a White Sox fan.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 06:52 PM)

Really cool to see him represent us though.

Also really cool Joe Buck referred to us as the "Sox" and not Boston.

His approval ratings are at an all time low??? He's at 61% positive. Bush spent 2 years below 30%.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)
His approval ratings are at an all time low??? He's at 61% positive. Bush spent 2 years below 30%.

HIS approval ratings. I'm not talking about Bush, and we were just told not to talk politics in here.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 08:53 PM)
That makes no sense. Everyone knows he's a sox fan.

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

It's an all-star game in St. Louis. All the dignitaries on the field were wearing Cardinals jackets... except Obama.

Fans didn't like it. I'm sure they were expecting him to 'respect' the home team by wearing something Cardinals related. He didn't and they booed.

Don't read more into it than that. Nobody boos the president at events like this for political reasons.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
Not sure what that has to do with anything.

It's an all-star game in St. Louis. All the dignitaries on the field were wearing Cardinals jackets... except Obama.

Fans didn't like it. I'm sure they were expecting him to 'respect' the home team by wearing something Cardinals related. He didn't and they booed.

Don't read more into it than that. Nobody boos the president at events like this for political reasons.

Except last year when Bush got boo'ed at the nationals home opener.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5571893 :gosox3: