We love you Gordon, oh yes we do

chisoxfan09

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 12:35 PM)
He's already way better than Crede offensively.

False Statement. He's good, but when Crede was at his best he hit .285 with about 30 hrs and 95 RBIs, not to mention I think he was pretty good at 3b too. Not saying Beckham can't/won't do it, because I know he will, but let's not forget our roots here, Crede is the measuring stick.

QUOTE (Beckam4thehall @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 07:13 AM)
Ok, This kid is amazing. 17 doubles at the end of this recent Yankee four home game series. I love him in the second hole and I think he'll be getting into the Hall of Fame. And I know people are saying its his first year he won't be good in the future. Well, If he can have this order that we're in with Nix and Getz at the bottom of the order than Pods. We can win a lot of games. And hell I say who gives a f*ck about Ramirez. I mean Getz can hit a double. Nix can move him over or in. Scotty can Move him over with a bunt or so. And Beckham can bring him over as well. And those three old guys in the middle of are line up can get a couple runs there. We can be a good team if we can do it.

Gordon Beckham you rascal you why didn't you tell us you were posting on Soxtalk!? :lolhitting

QUOTE (Special K @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 02:06 PM)
By the way, if you guys haven't realized, whoever started this forum is just trying to make a mockery of this site. It's clearly somebody who made up the screen name and is trying to rip on the "Beckham mania" by messing with you guys... Stop biting on it.

still funny

Come on guys, when was the last time we had this kind of excitement for a prospect this early in his career?

I don't think Mike Caruso or Aaron Rowand excited people this much. The last one who had this kind of effect was probably Frank Thomas.

In that respect, it's not totally crazy to think that Gordon can be in the hall someday. But if you don't think about it that way, it's absolutely insane.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
Why is this thread title a question? It should be a statement or possibly an exclamation.

Considering it'll take a 15 plus year career to establish a HOF career rather than a few months...

QUOTE (Special K @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 02:06 PM)
By the way, if you guys haven't realized, whoever started this forum is just trying to make a mockery of this site. It's clearly somebody who made up the screen name and is trying to rip on the "Beckham mania" by messing with you guys... Stop biting on it.

Chances are it's one of us current users who created a new screen name to start this now-classic thread.

QUOTE (Special K @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 02:02 PM)
False Statement. He's good, but when Crede was at his best he hit .285 with about 30 hrs and 95 RBIs, not to mention I think he was pretty good at 3b too. Not saying Beckham can't/won't do it, because I know he will, but let's not forget our roots here, Crede is the measuring stick.

What about every other season of his career?

QUOTE (Special K @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 02:02 PM)

He had an OPS+ that year of 107. Beckham is at 120 right now. Lets not get goofy about the offensive prowess of Joe.

Statues, HOF, pssh. Wait till the park is named after him. Welcome to Bacon Field, home of Your Chicago Whitesox.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 01:36 PM)
He had an OPS+ that year of 107. Beckham is at 120 right now. Lets not get goofy about the offensive prowess of Joe.

Statues, HOF, pssh. Wait till the park is named after him. Welcome to Bacon Field, home of Your Chicago Whitesox.

By that point he'll own the team too. And the Bulls. And the Hawks. And he'll turn around the Phoenix Coyotes somehow.