We love you Gordon, oh yes we do

chisoxfan09

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Nokona @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 04:56 PM)
I think Chicago will be renamed Beckham, IL.

Shooting so low. The United States of America will be renamed "Beckham," something I think should happen anyway because the current name is too long.

QUOTE (Beckam4thehall @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 07:13 AM)
Ok, This kid is amazing. 17 doubles at the end of this recent Yankee four home game series. I love him in the second hole and I think he'll be getting into the Hall of Fame. And I know people are saying its his first year he won't be good in the future. Well, If he can have this order that we're in with Nix and Getz at the bottom of the order than Pods. We can win a lot of games. And hell I say who gives a f*ck about Ramirez. I mean Getz can hit a double. Nix can move him over or in. Scotty can Move him over with a bunt or so. And Beckham can bring him over as well. And those three old guys in the middle of are line up can get a couple runs there. We can be a good team if we can do it.

If he retired today, I think he would be about 50/50. I'd give it another week before considering him "lock" status, IMO.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 03:36 PM)
He had an OPS+ that year of 107. Beckham is at 120 right now. Lets not get goofy about the offensive prowess of Joe.

Statues, HOF, pssh. Wait till the park is named after him. Welcome to Bacon Field, home of Your Chicago Slayers.

Fixed it for you. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Nokona @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)
Gordon Beckham will go to England and do for baseball what David Beckham could not for soccer in the States. This will culminate with "Rule Britania" being renamed to "Rule Beckhamania"

Ooh yeah! All you Beckhamaniacs out there better say your prayers and take your vitamins.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 02:47 AM)
Yep, that is exactly what was said b/c I said it. And I wish I never had b/c this "Slayer" s*** went too far. One of my buddies who goes to Georgia said that, but he was definitely exaggerating. I mean, my buddy said he was always with girls that were hot, but saying that he "slays puss like no other" was definitely something that I repeated even if it's not true. I can't believe something I started has gotten to where Beckham now knows about it. I feel bad b/c, really, no guy wants that reputation even if it is true.

You can't? Man, this is the internet. Anything that anybody says could blow up, get popular, and come full circle by being told to the person which the comment is based upon, sometimes for no reason. Gotta know that before you say anything.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
You can't? Man, this is the internet. Anything that anybody says could blow up, get popular, and come full circle by being told to the person which the comment is based upon, sometimes for no reason. Gotta know that before you say anything.

He knows exactly what everyone is talking about while asking him about the "Slayer" rumor. It's all good, though...very smart of him to deny these "allegations" if you want to call them that, or support the idea.

He's going to be bigger than curly fries in this city.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 11:22 PM)
This poses a difficult question. Should people be allowed to choose their own nicknames?

It's about his image, not the nickname. I don't think he cares about the nickname, it's the fact that the media keeps asking him what that means in reference to women. My guess is his agent and he have a pretty good idea of how big he is about to get, not only in this town, but nationally.

Not a good idea to be called a nickname that implies he is a womanizer.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 11:28 PM)
It's about his image, not the nickname. I don't think he cares about the nickname, it's the fact that the media keeps asking him what that means in reference to women. My guess is his agent and he have a pretty good idea of how big he is about to get, not only in this town, but nationally.

I think you've made the best point thus far. He probably is talking long-term affects here, and being known as some shallow womanizer isn't the best for his image. Having said this, I'm probably not going to stop calling him any of the aforementioned nicknames. Nicknames don't have to be something that everyone accepts; I know I have friends that hate their nicknames but they aren't going away. While he may be concerned about his image long-term, it's still fun and innocent to nickname that we can share, although I feel like it was more fun when it was just a Soxtalk thing.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 12:28 AM)

That’s a really good point, and I give you a lot of credit for bringing that to my attention. I’m not slavishly devoted to the Slayer thing anyway; I’m more concerned about him not liking the Bacon name.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
Bacon is an awful nickname.

Hated it since day one, and have never called him that on this board, and still will never do it. But.. if Beckham wants the Slayer nickname to be gone, then I think we should probably stop calling him that as well.. but I'm still keeping my avy till at least the end of the season. :P :D