Films Thread

juddling

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 08:21 PM)
It looks awesomely bad. Pretty typical Nick Cage flick :P

Im pretty sure it is all tongue-in-cheek humor about superheros. Not quite "Superhero Movie", but still sort of poking fun at the genre

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 08:49 PM)
Im pretty sure it is all tongue-in-cheek humor about superheros. Not quite "Superhero Movie", but still sort of poking fun at the genre

ala Crank and Crank 2, which were awesomely bad movies.

I tend to enjoy a lot of movies that I define that way, and I'm sure I'll enjoy Kick Ass if I see it (and I probably will).

Upon further investigation, it's done by the same director that did Layer Cake, which was quite enjoyable. I'll definitely see this when it comes out.

Edited by Felix

Yeah so about the Avatar everyone was talking about earlier... I bought my tickets on Fandango which cost me 13 bucks a pop and I assumed I was buying them for the 3d IMAX but instead I just got it in 3d...I am spoiled so that f***ing killed it for me... I love IMAX...I WANT IMAX...I PAYED FOR IMAX. It took the movie down a notch for me without it,sorry but it did.

Watched GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra last night.

All I can say is, thank goodness there were hot chicks in it. And Brandon Soo Hoo, who played "Young Storm Shadow," is one creepy little f***er.

As for Avatar, this chick I am trying to date has a 9 year old son. Is it ok for a kid that age? Kid is really smart and really into science, so I figured he would dig it...

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 01:42 PM)
Yeah so about the Avatar everyone was talking about earlier... I bought my tickets on Fandango which cost me 13 bucks a pop and I assumed I was buying them for the 3d IMAX but instead I just got it in 3d...I am spoiled so that f***ing killed it for me... I love IMAX...I WANT IMAX...I PAYED FOR IMAX. It took the movie down a notch for me without it,sorry but it did.

How stupid. Why would they even screen it if it's not in 3D?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
Watched GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra last night.

All I can say is, thank goodness there were hot chicks in it. And Brandon Soo Hoo, who played "Young Storm Shadow," is one creepy little f***er.

As for Avatar, this chick I am trying to date has a 9 year old son. Is it ok for a kid that age? Kid is really smart and really into science, so I figured he would dig it...

my kids are 10 and almost 12 and I'm questioning taking them, so I'm not sure about bringing a 9 year old.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
my kids are 10 and almost 12 and I'm questioning taking them, so I'm not sure about bringing a 9 year old.

Ok, saw the movie in IMAX, had the kid along...he loved it. Maybe a tad too much violence, but there are a lot worse movies for a kid to see.

We ended up having to sit a bit too close because we got there only 15 minutes early, but it was a great movie. A bit cheesy, but an amazing, groundbreaking movie. This thing is going to give Titanic a run for its money.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 25, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)
Im reading some good reviews of Sherlock Holmes.

I'm meeting a buddy from college to go see it tomorrow. I'm not too excited but nothing else I really wanna see now.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 08:54 AM)
Downey is always good so I will enjoy his work alone even if the movie isnt that great.

The movie isn't that great. The last 40 minutes save it. Up until then, it seems the audience is left in the dark about what Holmes is doing.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 05:32 PM)
The movie isn't that great. The last 40 minutes save it. Up until then, it seems the audience is left in the dark about what Holmes is doing.

Yeah, I agree. I thought Downey was very good, but I thought the movie left a lot left to be desired. Mildly entertaining, but I found myself wanting it to end after only an hour or so.

Kind of a disappointment, to be honest.

Watched a lot of stuff on netflix instant watch over the past week...

Food Inc: Very good documentary on food. A must see.

Quarantine: Surprisingly solid horror film.

Barry Lyndon: Finally got around to seeing it. Very long but fantastic.

Best in Show: Seen this one quite a few times already and love it. Screened it for my daughter who's never seen it before.

Garden State: Awesome.

The Wackness: Pretty meh although I liked the soundtrack and Ben Kinglsey's character.

Also, have tickets for Avatar at Navy Pier Imax tonight.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)

Best in Show: Seen this one quite a few times already and love it. Screened it for my daughter who's never seen it before.

The Wackness: Pretty meh although I liked the soundtrack and Ben Kinglsey's character.

Have fun at Avatar tonight. You're going to be blown away.

I really liked Quarantine as well, but it seems as though it is hit or miss. I thought it was one of the better horror movies to come out in recent years. My best friend, who will sit through Jason vs Freddy and a whole host of other crappy selections, couldn't even get through Quarantine before simply turning it off because he was not entertained in the least.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 11:55 AM)

Ever see Sexy Beast?

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 01:32 PM)
A couple of old ones that I've watched again recently:

'In Bruges', gets better each time.

'Made' with Vince Vaughn, pretty funny and must hold the record for having the F word used most often in the history of film.

I love Vince Vaughns character in Made. You just want to absolutely kill him throughout the whole movie for being such an idiot.

I saw "You Kill Me" with Ben Kingsley, Tea Leoni, Luke Wilson, and Bill Pullman the other night and that was a decent movie. Some of it was a little forced, but there are a few pretty funny moments