Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos

WSoxMatt

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)
I'm so happy they won just so we don't have to argue about Pods.

^^^^^^^^

What he said. Seriously though...I'm still friggin pissed about that.

Just got back from the game...is it me or could Pods have totally caught that liner hit to left? And what was up with the inside-the-park-HR? Where is his head? Also, Linebrink needs to get his s*** straight.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:31 PM)
Just got back from the game...is it me or could Pods have totally caught that liner hit to left? And what was up with the inside-the-park-HR? Where is his head? Also, Linebrink needs to get his s*** straight.

I was at the game as well. He pulled up on that ball. When the ball was hit up, I was sure he was going to get under it. Then he stopped.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:36 PM)
I was at the game as well. He pulled up on that ball. When the ball was hit up, I was sure he was going to get under it. Then he stopped.

Definitely. I was in 159 right there in LF and everyone in the section had the most confused/scared look on their face.\

BTW, BJ Upton had some horribly slow swings tonight.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:31 PM)

I think he was scared that the ball would scoot by him and the tying run would score

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 09:44 PM)
I think he was scared that the ball would scoot by him and the tying run would score

I know the game thread gang thought he's should've caught it also. However , you are correct in your assessment. When faced with a situation where you can attempt to make a great catch but not making such could result in the tying run scoring and giving up extra bases, prudence is the correct course of action and the results, at least this time,proved he made the right call.