Rays vs Sox (Kazmir vs Buehrle) 1:05CDT CSN

jasonxctf

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe sit big Jim today and put CQ at DH. With a lefty on the hill who Thome particularly struggles with as it is, and a double header coming up. Can't hurt to get Thome a day off and CQ a day out of the field.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 09:17 AM)
So what happened to Torres? Was he sent down after the game to bring back Poreda?

Torres is going to be sent out tomorrow for Colon. I don't think we can recall Poreda for 10 days (starting yesterday) without placing someone on the DL.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 09:25 AM)
Torres is going to be sent out tomorrow for Colon. I don't think we can recall Poreda for 10 days (starting yesterday) without placing someone on the DL.

Ah thanks.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 09:20 AM)
Maybe sit big Jim today and put CQ at DH. With a lefty on the hill who Thome particularly struggles with as it is, and a double header coming up. Can't hurt to get Thome a day off and CQ a day out of the field.

I like the way you think.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 09:20 AM)

Ah, but there was a fatal flaw in the plan: If CQ isn't in the outfield, guess who is, against a lefty with a nasty slider at that. It wouldn't have been pretty.

On the other hand, doesn't Kazmir throw in the mid- to upper-90s at times, with movement? If so, we'll see how the Josh Fields of late fares against that.

I just checked, though, and Kazmir's strikeouts are a little down this season, so maybe his velocity's slipped a hair. And he seems to get wild sometimes this year, too. Josh usually has a good eye, if that's the case.

QUOTE (OldSmoky2 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
Ah, but there was a fatal flaw in the plan: If CQ isn't in the outfield, guess who is, against a lefty with a nasty slider at that. It wouldn't have been pretty.

Could always put Nix in LF...

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 11:49 AM)
Could always put Nix in LF...

I'd be OK with that, but I don't think Ozzie goes along with us. Maybe he just wants Getz to get a day off before Detroit, too.

I'm OK with Fields today, though... It looks like Kazmir pitched well enough to limit the damage last time out, but he still walked four in six innings. I like that the guys most likely to take a walk in our lineup today—Pods, Beckham and Fields—have enough speed to distract Kazmir if they do get on base...

QUOTE (OldSmoky2 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 10:48 AM)

On the other hand, doesn't Kazmir throw in the mid- to upper-90s at times, with movement? If so, we'll see how the Josh Fields of late fares against that.

I just checked, though, and Kazmir's strikeouts are a little down this season, so maybe his velocity's slipped a hair. And he seems to get wild sometimes this year, too. Josh usually has a good eye, if that's the case.

I'll be happy if Fields just gets on base once or twice via a walk. Glad he's batting ninth.

I have a feeling he may not be here in 8 days. It's a good feeling.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
Mariners up 1-0 in the top of the 1st against the Tigers.

Mike Sweeney RBI double plates Ichiro with 2 outs.

The Mariners have five guys playing today with an average under .250