MARK BUEHRLE PITCHES THE 18TH PERFECT GAME IN HISTORY

southsider2k5

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
Mark Buehrle Throws 18th Perfect Game in MLB History

By SoxNet

Chicago White Sox starter Mark Buehrle threw the 18th perfect game in MLB history on Thursday. The perfect game was part of a 5-0 victory against the Tampa Bay Rays which gave the Sox a share of the division league with the Detroit Tigers. The perfect game was the 2nd in White Sox history. Mark Buehrle has now started and closed a world series game, thrown a perfect game, and a no-hitter. We are researching but we believe he might be the first player in MLB history to accomplish all of those tasks and he is the 6th player in MLB history to throw both a no-hitter and a perfect game....More at the Link (Including Video's, Image's, Quotes, and Interesting Facts)

Note: A few Soxtalk posters have been quoted in the article :)

We now got some links to some exclusive video and audio of Buehrle and the President of the US (among other things). Courtesy of the good ole White Sox :)

I talked to my best friend Mike last night. He wanted to come over and watch baseball. He's a Cub fan and I told him the Cubs had beat the Phillies. He was happy. I had to tell him no about coming over because my daughter , who just got her degree in Architectural Engineering, is staying with me now in my one bedroom apartment, so room is scarce. He enjoyed watching the Sox with me also. I made a bet with him early in the year $50 says the Cubs don't make it to the World Series. I felt like I was taking advantage of him and often joked recently that he wasn't remembering right and the bet was for $500 (which it originally was). At the end of the phone call he said "See you tommorrow at work."

This morning my boss made an announcement that Mike had a massive coronary and died. Then I come home and see Mark had thrown a perfect game. I know logically one has nothing to do with the other but in my mind I can't help but think it's Mike's way of saying goodbye. R.I.P. Mike . You will be missed.

LOL, I gotta forget to tivo games more often. Today, I went to go workout at around noon, and realized I forgot to set the tivo to record the sox game. Thinking to myself as to whether or not I should call my brother to record the game, I decided not to as I figured it would be probably a boring game and I could catch the recap on MLB.tv. And then around 3 pm, the guy on the radio plays the soundclip of Hawk going crazy and says Buehrle just threw a perfect game, and I'm just thinking to myself "no f***ing way!"

What a great job by Buehrle! Can't wait to see the replay on CSN!

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
I talked to my best friend Mike last night. He wanted to come over and watch baseball. He's a Cub fan and I told him the Cubs had beat the Phillies. He was happy. I had to tell him no about coming over because my daughter , who just got her degree in Architectural Engineering, is staying with me now in my one bedroom apartment, so room is scarce. He enjoyed watching the Sox with me also. I made a bet with him early in the year $50 says the Cubs don't make it to the World Series. I felt like I was taking advantage of him and often joked recently that he wasn't remembering right and the bet was for $500 (which it originally was). At the end of the phone call he said "See you tommorrow at work."

This morning my boss made an announcement that Mike had a massive coronary and died. Then I come home and see Mark had thrown a perfect game. I know logically one has nothing to do with the other but in my mind I can't help but think it's Mike's way of saying goodbye. R.I.P. Mike . You will be missed.

That is insane. I'm sorry about your loss.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)

Sorry for your loss.

Money Mark Buehrle. Just flat out f***ing awesome.

A while back I decided that the only sports jerseys I buy are either no name (which only really works for Baseball and Hockey) or a legend. I always thought I would get a Buehrle jersey sometime down the road, but with today's performance I think I'll be getting that jersey a bit sooner.

Does anyone know when Comcast is replaying the game? I need to set my DVR. Missed the game since I was at work, but already checked out the Wise catch. Holy s***, ridiculous.

Also, does anyone here ever capture White Sox games in HD? (or in SD, but I would prefer HD) If you do and have this game, please let me know. My method for capturing HD does not work with Comcast Sports Net, and I would really love to have this game in it's entirety to watch whenever. Same goes for Buehrle's no hitter from 2007, if you have that let me know.

:headbang

QUOTE (DanksFan @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 05:52 PM)
You think thats crazy? Josh Fields had a death grip around Buehrle's waist while he was running to Castro. Check the Yahoo! pictures, they're pretty hilarious.

I think that was Nix? No?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 05:04 PM)
You know what? All the Rays are giving good interviews, very good sportsmanship.

I heard they were on the top step, cheering for him. Very classy group.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 07:09 PM)
Mark Buehrle has faced the minimum, not twice, but THREE TIMES.

Perfect Game

No-hitter (pickoff after a walk)

Two-hitter (two double plays)

I wonder if that's a record. It certainly feels like a record.

Good point, gotta find that out.

BTW , MB just showed Jake Peavy how to play in the AL (against a top 3 offense in the AL), in our HR friendly park.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
I heard they were on the top step, cheering for him. Very classy group.

I swore I saw someone in the Rays dugout leap up with both arms in the air as the last out was being made.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 07:19 PM)
I swore I saw someone in the Rays dugout leap up with both arms in the air as the last out was being made.

It looked pat Burrell threw a fist of joy running down the 1st base line when he thought his line drive foul ball was a hit.