MARK BUEHRLE PITCHES THE 18TH PERFECT GAME IN HISTORY

southsider2k5

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I came home from work, exhausted and hurting, I turn on the TV, and the 1st thing I see is the ESPN Lead. I don’t think words can express what I’m feeling right now. Euphoric, jovial, and I didn’t even see the damn game. I need to just thank Mark Buehrle for everything, what’s he gave today, what he’s given for this team, this organization, and the city of Chicago. Something is very evident today, if it wasn’t before we are seeing the best pitcher in White Sox history and he will carry this memory with him to Cooperstown. Mark Buerhrle has left us with a lot of things, today he left me with a smile.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
I will be spending this evening editing the commercials out of my tivo'd copy and converting it if anyone wants to host it :)

Please post when that becomes available.. places like megaupload.com are good for large video files.

White Sox have TWO pitchers that have been a part of a no hitter? Obviously MB with his no-no and perfect game aaaaaaaaand...

Octavio Dotel part of a combined no-hitter with the Astros in 2003 against the Yankees. Interesting stat.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
White Sox have TWO pitchers that have been a part of a no hitter? Obviously MB with his no-no and perfect game aaaaaaaaand...

Octavio Dotel part of a combined no-hitter with the Astros in 2003 against the Yankees. Interesting stat.

That Astro's game was crazy. I think Oswalt got hurt early in the game and bullpen tossed a no no.

He is just amazing. No-Hitter, throws against the top offensive team in Texas (Texeira was still manning the power spot) and throws a perfect game against another top offensive team with speed to kill for short hits/bunts/etc. in the Rays. Not even counting the W.S. stuff with the wins/saves and his playoff start and reliefs being perfect. He is the luckiest/best/craziest pitcher I've ever gotten to see. Buehrle is retiring a whitesox.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
How many pitchers have a no-hitter and a perfect game on their resume?!?!?!! MB!!!!

ESPN showed a graphic... its like 5 guys

Ryan, Randy Johnson, Koufax were among them... pretty good company.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
How many pitchers have a no-hitter and a perfect game on their resume?!?!?!! MB!!!!

263 no-hitters have been thrown, 19 perfect games have been thrown, 18 of which have happened since 1900. Only five times in the history has a player thrown both, one other player has been apart of a perfect game and a combined no-hitter.

Cy Young, jim bunning, sandy koufax, randy johnson, mike witt was the one apart of a combined no-hitter

There are three teams with multiple perfect games thrown.

The yankees have had three pitchers throw a perfect game, don larsen, david wells, anddavid cone.

The indians have had two pitchers throw a perfect game, addie joss, and len barker.

The sox have charlie robertson and now mark buehrle.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)
263 no hitters have been thrown, 19 perfect games have been thrown, 18 of which have happened since 1900. Only five times in the history has a player thrown both, one other player has been apart of a perfect game and a combined no hitter.

Cy Young, jim bunning, sandy koufax, randy johnson, mike witt was the one apart of a combined no-hitter

There are three teams with multiple perfect games thrown.

The yankees have had three pitchers throw a perfect game, don larsen, david wells, david cone.

The indians have had two pitchers throw a perfect game, addie joss and len barker.

The sox have charlie robertson and now mark buehrle.

Already up on wikipedia, too.