The Day After-- Sox vs Tigers (Contreras vs Verlander) 12:05PM CSN

jasonxctf

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ObamaKnowsBest @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 12:30 PM)
I don't mind Wise leading off. I'd rather plug him in for a game and leave the lineup relatively the same then mess with someone that has been consistenely batting lower in the lineup

Letting the worst hitter on your roster get the most ABs in a game is crazy. Sliding a guy up for a game isn't going to rock the boat.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 11:31 AM)
Letting the worst hitter on your roster get the most ABs in a game is crazy. Sliding a guy up for a game isn't going to rock the boat.

He also has the most experience as a leadoff hitter. He's the grinder type that Ozzie likes to see at the top. He's got speed and if he makes contact he can make things happen. I'm glad Pods is getting a day off and think Wise deserves some playing time today as a thank you. He doesn't hit consistently, but I doubt the one extra at-bat he gets this game is going to be the reason the Sox win or lose this game

QUOTE (ObamaKnowsBest @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 01:35 PM)
He also has the most experience as a leadoff hitter. He's the grinder type that Ozzie likes to see at the top. He's got speed and if he makes contact he can make things happen. I'm glad Pods is getting a day off and think Wise deserves some playing time today as a thank you. He doesn't hit consistently, but I doubt the one extra at-bat he gets this game is going to be the reason the Sox win or lose this game

Getz led off longer than D-Weezy.