The Day After-- Sox vs Tigers (Contreras vs Verlander) 12:05PM CSN

jasonxctf

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear if we f***ing lose this series I will be pissed. The Tigers lineup is f***ing awful, Cabrera is the sole player who is hitting. Their bullpen doesn't amaze me, pitching is only thing keeping them afloat.

We better f***ing beat the Tigers.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:32 AM)
I swear if we f***ing lose this series I will be pissed. The Tigers lineup is f***ing awful, Cabrera is the sole player who is hitting. Their bullpen doesn't amaze me, pitching is only thing keeping them afloat.

We better f***ing beat the Tigers.

:gosoxretro:

Let's go out there and kick em in the dick in Game 1 and ride the momentum for a double header sweep in Game 2

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 09:14 AM)
Wise leading off, nice. How often do you see a guy make a great catch and then lead off the next inning...

A lot more often than you see a guy with a sub .200 batting average leading off in a pivotal July game against the co-leader of the division.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 10:39 AM)
Just split the doubleheader today and split the 4 game series. If we get out of the war zone that is Detroit tied for first place and with all of our players in tact, I will be happy.

I'd rather be up heading into Minnesota.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 10:42 AM)
I'd rather be up heading into Minnesota.

I would too, but a split this weekend would keep us in very good shape in my opinion. I am tired of us making excuses in Minnesota, I'd rather see us go up there and not be afraid and win a f***ing series for once.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 10:39 AM)
Just split the doubleheader today and split the 4 game series. If we get out of the war zone that is Detroit tied for first place and with all of our players in tact, I will be happy.

With the way the two teams are playing right now, I'm hoping for 3 out of 4.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 10:30 AM)
A lot more often than you see a guy with a sub .200 batting average leading off in a pivotal July game against the co-leader of the division.

Yeah nice catch and all. I would rather have him hitting 9 and have Alexei leading off with Beckham hitting 2nd.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 10:37 AM)
Is this the first time AJ's catching Contreras since Jose came up from the minors?

I would have to say yes, maybe Castros disastrous game made Ozzie a little hesitant to use him with Contreras again, since he is more than likely going to be throwing a little more often.

Or, maybe Castro got lit the f*** up last night

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 10:46 AM)
I would have to say yes, maybe Castros disastrous game made Ozzie a little hesitant to use him with Contreras again, since he is more than likely going to be throwing a little more often.

Or, maybe Castro got lit the f*** up last night

Or it could be that he is hitting .316 against Verlander with a .965 OPS against him.

;)