The Day After-- Sox vs Tigers (Contreras vs Verlander) 12:05PM CSN

jasonxctf

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 12:21 PM)
BTW steve, maybe because it is the first game of a double header? That would have a little to do with it.

If I made the lineups I would definitely start Wise the next day after that catch.

Same here, but I'd bat him 9th.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
Wise should get the day off for that glorious catch.

I'm starting to think that you and some others were wishing he botched that catch just so you can rip him even more and I say "I told you he sucks".

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)
I'm starting to think that you and some others were wishing he botched that catch just so you can rip him even more and I say "I told you he sucks".

No. As a guy, he's pretty cool. He's never complained and always went about his business. As a ballplayer, there's a lot more I wish he could do. As far as dropping the catch, heck no. I would never wish for someone to mess up a perfect game to prove a point. Not a no hitter, a shutout, nothing. I will always root for the team and anyone on it. Do I prefer Brian to him? Yes, but as I also said in a couple of threads, who cares if Brian would've had it since Wise made the catch and Buehrle threw a perfect game.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 11:21 AM)
BTW steve, maybe because it is the first game of a double header? That would have a little to do with it.

If I made the lineups I would definitely start Wise the next day after that catch.

I have no problem with him playing, but he's hitting .196 and leading off. That was the issue.

Hah. Wow, on mlb.tv, (I'm forced to watch the Tigers side of the broadcast) their scouting report of Verlander says "Spanked the Sox", I guess they forgot to mention his career stats against us.

Edited by Jimmywins1

QUOTE (Jimmywins1 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 12:07 PM)
Hah. Wow, on mlb.tv, (I'm forced to watch the Tigers side of the broadcast) their scouting report of Verlander says "Spanked the Sox", I guess they forgot to mention his career stats against us.

3-9 with a 5.44 era.