SOX v. Detroit, 6:05PM WCIU

MHizzle85

QUOTE (JohnStamos @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:40 PM)
And you were probably complaining when Ozzie left Colon in the 7th. Some times it works out sometimes it doesn't. What do you expect Ozzie to do? Never pitch Linebrink ever again in a close game? In case you didn't realize Thorton walked in a run with the bases loaded. In the one situation where he need to throw a strike he didn't do it. There's no guarantee he gets out of the 8th scoreless. You lost this game because you couldn't execute with runners in scoring position. Not because Ozzie put Linebrink in to start the 8th.

LOL @ people ripping on Thornton for not being perfect, especially when he's always brought in with baserunners on, lately all thanks to Linebrink. Linebrink loaded the bases, you don't think that's a big deal? Considering the Sox lost by 1 run I'd say that's a damn big deal and had a big effect on the game

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:41 PM)
I agree this sweep was on the offense, but Ozzie should give DJ or Pena a chance at the 2nd RHer out of the pen at this point, they really can't be anyworse

Maybe Carrasco give his recent success...but would you honestly want to see Pena in the 8th there? There's no way given his short time with the team you would think that he's ready for that situation.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
Awesome...terrible hitting, terrible relieving, terrible managing. Got to split the next two, or the season could be in jeopardy. With our remaining schedule, 4 down is going to be hard to make up when they have Verlander and Jackson starting 40% of their games.

This is exactly right. Another s***ty managed game from Ozzie. Can his managing get any worse??? Really. I mean, I like him running the club but he is quite possibly the WORST decision maker I have ever seen. No problem, this is not a big game, let's put in LINEY! YEAH thats a great idea since he has been HORRIBLE for about the last 2 months in a CRITICAL TIE BALLGAME IN THE 8TH INNING

We'll be lucky to win 1 game out of the next 6 with this managing...LUCKY....

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)
I know he needed to be traded, but the Javy Vazquez trade hasn't worked out for the 2009 White Sox. KW better pray that Flowers pans out, or that is going to go down as a terrible trade. Javy could get the Braves a fortune if they traded him now.

Yeah its surprising as hell what Javy has done... maybe someone gave the man a testicle transplant or something....

QUOTE (3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:44 PM)
LOL @ people ripping on Thornton for not being perfect, especially when he's always brought in with baserunners on, lately all thanks to Linebrink. Linebrink loaded the bases, you don't think that's a big deal? Considering the Sox lost by 1 run I'd say that's a damn big deal and had a big effect on the game

I'm not ripping on Thorton for not getting out of the inning without giving up a run. I will however rip him for walking in the run. You cannot walk in the leading run in the 8th. Regardless of whether the runners on base are you responsibility or not. You give a basehit at least you give your team the opportunity to make play. There's also no guarantee Thorton gets you out of the 8th scoreless. It's all hindsight.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
So let's just pray KW sell the farm for a sinking ship. In no way am I saying it's sinking, but danger zone could be upon us. BTW, Dan Hudson should be untouchable.

As of now, no, but he is a White Sox pitching prospect afterall so that means you can drop 4-5 mph off his fastball and expect fall less break on his pitches than what's reported.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)
Wait, we don't like Dewayne Wise anymore? I'm just going to file that one under "saw that coming."

Luckily I wasn't one of the many on Soxtalk yesterday who said they would never insult Wise again because of one catch.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)
3 losses for Linebrink vs the Tigers this year. Obviously, he's not a good match-up.

Fine, Linebrink has sucked against the Tigers this year. But your entire bullpen has been crap lately and regardless of who Ozzie brings in there you wouldn't be comfortable with a tie ballgame. The offense was terrible today and it cost us the game.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)
Wait, we don't like Dewayne Wise anymore? I'm just going to file that one under "saw that coming."

Before tonights game Wise was hitting .182 with a .182 OBP over his last 7 games. He caught the ball, lets get him more ABs.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 01:51 AM)
Luckily I wasn't one of the many on Soxtalk yesterday who said they would never insult Wise again because of one catch.

You called it perfectly. Absolute joke he played both games

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:55 PM)
Has Wise become the new OMIT???

Think about it this way. Josh Anderson is currently on waivers. He cant hit, is left handed and can steal a base. He is younger than Wise and can be had for nothing. It would make more sense to bring him on the team and release Wise if having a defensive guy who can steal as base is truly your priority.

Yet Wise is here until the sox give him his unconditional release in the offseason.

i was irate after the night game, but with the schedule the next two weeks if the Sox can stay 2-4 games back they can make a run, despite today, the Tigers aren't a dominant team and the Twins have been having some bad pen performances. Have to win either tomorrow or Sunday though

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 02:56 AM)
Today was an absolute disaster, especially from a management standpoint. We got out managed, and that's just the truth. We probably get out managed more than any other team in baseball.

I disagree with that. Whenever I watch Astros games, I'm amazed at how awful Cecil Cooper is.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
Today was an absolute disaster, especially from a management standpoint. We got out managed, and that's just the truth. We probably get out managed more than any other team in baseball.

the hit and run with Beckham and Wise was ridiculous

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:57 PM)
i was irate after the night game, but with the schedule the next two weeks if the Sox can stay 2-4 games back they can make a run, despite today, the Tigers aren't a dominant team and the Twins have been having some bad pen performances. Have to win either tomorrow or Sunday though

You realize that the twins have a cake schedule compared to the Tigers and the Sox. We have an absolute brutal schedule, we cannot afford to give up games we should win. Bonine should be someone we crush.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 09:00 PM)
Oh, and let's not forget the play that lost it, Castro dropping the throw at the plate.

No the play that lost it was when we had men on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out, and we had Castro and Pods K on pitches out of the zone. Those terrible ABs lost this game.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 09:01 PM)
You realize that the twins have a cake schedule compared to the Tigers and the Sox. We have an absolute brutal schedule, we cannot afford to give up games we should win. Bonine should be someone we crush.

I know the Twins schedule is a breeze, but that Oakland series was a debacle, and I'm not just blown away by them. Obviously the sweep today wasn't good, it was horrible, but the Twins were also in a golden spot last year and struggled against the Mariners and I believe another bad team.