SOX v. Detroit, 6:05PM WCIU

MHizzle85

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
In the pregame, Farmer stated that Ozzie wanted to start getting Wise more ABs and wanted to have him play both games. We live in a bizarro reality where Wise has some fancy value. We didnt want to put him on waivers, because we were worried that someone was gong to pick him up. What team outside of Newark would say, god that Dewayne Wise is something I need for my team.

But he made a catch. So he is here as long as he wants to be.

I know it's sacrilegious to think that we'd be better off if Wise hadn't of caught the ball, but think, if his lack of offense were to cause us a few games, wouldn't we have been better off? Buehrle and the Sox still would have won the game. Yet, who knows how much longer Wise will live off this accomplishment and basically act like a pitcher at the plate.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:16 PM)
Sweet, we keep giving away outs. Pods shouldn't be waiting until there are 2 strikes to try and steal.

We must lead the AL in giving away outs on the basepaths because we think we are an NL team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:23 PM)
Hawk is getting pretty pissed off about Bartolo. There really should be someone up in the pen.

There is nothing good about his pitching tonight. Every breaking pitch, he completely slows his motion down. It doesn't look fluid.

The wheels on this bus are about to come off.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
so besides wise's defense in the two games so far dewayne has gone 1-7 nicccce

What is all this? Wise is playing spectacularly defensively, isn't that what everyone's been saying is needed from our 4th outfielder?