SOX v. Detroit, 6:05PM WCIU

MHizzle85

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hawkubes @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)
What is all this? Wise is playing spectacularly defensively, isn't that what everyone's been saying is needed from our 4th outfielder?

2 games of playing good defensively overpower him sucking in the field for the year. I see how the formula goes.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)
f*** you guys are harsh as s***. If you woulda told me he'd only give up 3 ER in 5 IP I'd have been great with that coming off the DL at Detroit. Our f***ing offense needs to pick it the f*** up.

Do you trot him out next week against the Yankees based on this performance.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 01:29 AM)
f*** you guys are harsh as s***. If you woulda told me he'd only give up 3 ER in 5 IP I'd have been great with that coming off the DL at Detroit. Our f***ing offense needs to pick it the f*** up.

the offense needs more Nix! :chair

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)
2 games of playing good defensively overpower him sucking in the field for the year. I see how the formula goes.

He's been solid all year defensively, and he's been more than good the past 2 games, if Castro catches the ball, the Sox are still up because of Wise's defense.

If Bartolo is out there for the 6th I will have a coronary. This game is so important and Ozzie once again is treating it like no big deal. Reminds me of that game in Baltimore last year where we started as the "home" team in Baltimore and Ozzie has this piece of garbage Horacio Ramirez or whatever his name was pitching. The decision making HAS to drive KW nuts, I gotta believe. A 6th grader could make better decisions.

QUOTE (hawkubes @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 01:32 AM)
He's been solid all year defensively, and he's been more than good the past 2 games, if Castro catches the ball, the Sox are still up because of Wise's defense.

Let's not make it sound like the greatest throw ever. The reason Castro dropped it was it was so far up the first base line, and he tried to catch it quickly to move to the other side of the plate.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:28 PM)
I would rather give Torres these starts instead of watching this. This is the result of him working for a few weeks? This is bad.

Torres was delivering his fair share of flat fastballs and hanging sliders. Although in the beginning of the game he was pinpoint with control.

When I watched him pitch, he stuff reminded me of Randy Wells. Same exact repertoire. Even similar motion.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (hawkubes @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:32 PM)

Did you think he was solid last year as well.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:33 PM)
I thought everyone said we were gonna shell this guy?

You figure with crappy stuff, bad location, and the fact that we have seen him before and have hit him. That all signs pointed to yes.