Sox. Tigers. Baseball. Fox. 3P. G

Heads22

Fathom's mentioned it, if the Sox lose tomorrow they have to seriously consider becoming sellers with MIN, NYY, and BOS coming up.

It has to be maddening to be KW right now. He probably thought after the Rays series we were ready to compete big time the rest of the way.

Then this. We could win Sunday but you've got to love the Tigers' odds. They are going to be loose and ready to pounce on us. Five back in the loss column heading into the dome? We rarely win in the dome.

We better find a way Sunday, then really compete in Minnie. Depending on how detroit does while we're in Minnie, we could be buried in a hurry. Sell mode would be interesting.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 05:34 PM)
I don't think you make those decisions based on schedule.

And, ironically, the White Sox usually do fairly well (over the last ten years or so especially) against the Yankees and Red Sox.

But there's no recovery from getting run out of town and swept by both the Tigers and the Twins...what it will do is re-energize the Twins probably and catapult them back into the race the remaining two months.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
Anyone else remember the 1991 season, where the team was 1 game back, Wilson Alvarez threw a no hitter his first time out, the team was 20 games over .500, and suddenly they went on a major losing skid, finished the season in 2nd place and were 8 games under .500 after the no-no?

Unfortunately yes.

One of the things that upsets me most about this game is how we ran ourselves out of two potential rallies with base-stealing attempts.

I mean... everybody in Detroit knew Pods was going in the 8th or 9th or whatever it was...

Laird and the Tiger pitchers obviously knew...

Pitchout and he was toast.

Sorry Ozzie... I know you love to play smallball but...

We are simply not good enough to give up extra outs several times in one game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:51 PM)
There's clearly some mental crap going on with this team right now.

This team has a history of getting tight near the end of July and August. It used to happen frequently with games against the twins. We hit a home run early. Then cant hit with men on base. It sets up for late game heroics. And we leave with a frown. This offense plays well when its free and easy. We are the offensive equivalent to Javy Vazquez. When the pressure is off, we bomb the crap out of people. The minute the pressure gets going we pucker and start to press. We got over this in 2005, but only after we woke up in September. We nearly did it last year, thank god the Twins wanted to outsuck us.

Time to demote Jenks...he's garbage right now. Sorry Ozzie, that I hurt your guys feelings and Bobby was/is an integral part of this team, but he's terrible at this point. Yet another win we had, HE BLEW.

He's absolutely brutal at this point, barely worth a spot on a ML roster. Again...sorry to be critical Ozzie...I know that fans have only been doing that well...since baseball was invented, so your peabrain SHOULD be able to recognize our frustration.

4.33 era for a closer is pathetic.

Edited by kwolf68

Time to demote Jenks...he's garbage right now. Sorry Ozzie, that I hurt your guys feelings and Bobby was/is an integral part of this team, but he's terrible at this point. Yet another win we had, HE BLEW.

Who the hell is going to replace him? Who do you want in the closer role? I could go through all our candidates and rate why I think Bob is better, but I won't. Who do you want? Closer by committee or Matt? Dotel?

If we hope to win Sunday we better bring out A team bats. In a big park like Detroit's and their momentum, good luck.

Predictably we lost that DH and that may ultimately define our season. We had to split that DH. Too much at stake to meekly drop both games with such a tough schedule ahead.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 11:35 PM)
Anyone else remember the 1991 season, where the team was 1 game back, Wilson Alvarez threw a no hitter his first time out, the team was 20 games over .500, and suddenly they went on a major losing skid, finished the season in 2nd place and were 8 games under .500 after the no-no?

I thought of the same thing. I also recall in 2004 when Crede hit a come from behind walk off home run to forge a tie for first in late July. Two days later, Torii Hunter back up catcher and we proceeded to leak air like punctured tire.