Sox. Tigers. Baseball. Fox. 3P. G

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 01:59 PM)
Yep, it's been very annoying so far. The walk with the bases loaded was so predictable, as well as the big inning in the first today after the pathetic 3-2 call by the umpire.

And the drop by Konerko.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
Yep, it's been very annoying so far. The walk with the bases loaded was so predictable, as well as the big inning in the first today after the pathetic 3-2 call by the umpire.

We've really been shafted by the umpires lately as well.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 03:58 PM)
That was the worst game of the 3 so far. Verlander could have been on the hook if half those balls drop. Part of the reason Verlander only had like 20 pitches in the 5th, 6th, and 7th was because we nailed everything he threw but we couldn't catch a break and have any drop. Yet every f***ing run the Tigers scored was on a bloop over a glove or down the lines. This series has been horrible.

I can live with Verlander beating us. Bonine beating us with what he featured up at the plate is another thing, We should of crushed him with the lineup we trotted out last night. That was an unfortunate loss.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
We've really been shafted by the umpires lately as well.

I've been posting here since the start of 2005, and I have never come close to complaining about the umps as much as I have this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
Last year there was almost never a time when Quentin was this automatic of an out.

My brother was just noticing how stiff his swing is. I know he always had the exaggerated stance, but even earlier this year, it seems like his mechanics are just awful.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
My brother was just noticing how stiff his swing is. I know he always had the exaggerated stance, but even earlier this year, it seems like his mechanics are just awful.

Agreed. He never looked 'right' this season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)

Did you catch the Ted Lilly note?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 10:17 PM)
Yeah. Figured you'd be nearly giddy over that, given your comments on Lilly and the wind direction at Wrigley.

true, but they'll just call up another player from Iowa who will dominate.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
76 pitches through 4 for Gavin. I think he'll probably get through 6.

Best case scenario yes. If we need to go to the bullpen for the final 4 I'm not so confident we'll take this one.