Richard causing good problem

BamaDoc

First off congrats to the young man for now pitching well twice in a row after struggling. (Only 1 run thru five vs eight righthanded tigers). Also as much grief as we have been giving, congrats to Ozzie and Coop for helping/sticking with him. I know I would have had him in the pen. He still looks great first time or two thru the lineup. If he goes to the pen, he should help. ESPN is postulating that Colon stays in rotation.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree just saying he has done his job.... now thru six. It does bother me how the ESPN announcer were creaming over Porcello while he was hit early and Richard was hitting 94 and hardly getting talked about and much more effective.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 09:59 PM)
If Colon wasn't around, it'd be a nice problem between Torres and Richard and Poreda, which is how it should be.

Well if we are out of it by the trade deadline it wouldnt hurt anything to see how it would go just can Colon

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
Complete bulls*** if they put Colon in the rotation

Yeah. Let's put in our fat-ass starter who only throws fastballs as our 5th starter over a 25-year-old who is now pitching some of his best ball all year. I can't imagine they would have a long leash for Bartolo though with how well Clayton has performed his last two starts.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)
Ozzie is opening himself up to a lot of criticism if he removes Richard from rotation and Colon gets rocked in his next few starts.

And you can ALMOST guarantee the wrong decision will be made here, if history gives us any prediction of future events

Bartolo Colon has the 5th highest OPS against of any starter with as many IP as he does in the AL this season. Oh and his runs/9IP (basically ERA minus the E) is 6.06 seeing as how he has 13 unearned runs this season. Hard to have much faith in him.

where did anyone read that Colon would start against the Twins on WED?

the twins' website has jose contreras listed as the starter?

they are holding Jose for the first game of the Yankees series? if they don't go with Clayton and use Colon, it will be worse than skipping Buehrle for Cotts at Yankee Stadium in 2003

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
I wouldn't be shocked if that was the last game Richard ever pitches for the Sox.

KW's ego almost DEMANDS he makes a splash every year at this time.

I just worry that getting Halladay might end up being a disaster for this franchise....if we could do it without giving up Beckham/Ramirez/Flowers/Danks/Viciedo, though...I might be okay with it.

Haren would be a much better acquisition for the long-term competitive stability of this team.