White Sox @ Twins, 7:10

witesoxfan

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 10:26 PM)
Yeah, I can't wait for him to come up and strike out in 1/3 of his ABs!!

You're right we really should encourage going after the 1st pitch in almost every bat, and you know what's cool to? Almost always swinging on 3-0! AWESOME!!!!!

Is it just me or does every ump in the Metrodome screw us over numerous times?

I hate how the Twins always play no doubles defense. Works against us almost every time because when we hit it hard, it's always at the warning track.

Good to see Carlos kill the ball tonight. But Paulie couldn't pick a boulder out of the dirt tonight.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 03:28 AM)
Get rid of Nix, get rid of Fields, get rid of all these AAAA players.

Nix is fine as a utility player. He had some good ABs today. It's not the Nix and the Fields of the world who's killing the Sox, it's our veterans like Dye, Thome, Linebrink, and Jenks.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:26 PM)
Sometimes i can't wait for Tyler Flowers. A catcher who can work an AB? WHAT????

He's going up against Joe Nathan. You might only get 1 pitch to hit in that situation. You're really gonna complain about a guy who's hitting over .300? I love how every prospect is an all-star until they get called up, when they properly become just the s***ty hitters on our team.

QUOTE (JohnStamos @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 03:29 AM)
He's going up against Joe Nathan. You might only get 1 pitch to hit in that situation. You're really gonna complain about a guy who's hitting over .300? I love how every prospect is an all-star until they get called up, when they properly become just the s***ty hitters on our team.

That was a terrible pitch AJP swung at. Low, outside fastball that he swung the bat at. Looked like it was an 0-2 swing he took.

Same script every year.

We beat up on them a bit at home, then we go into the ASB. We come out, and our backsides pucker up and we press. Go to the dome, kick the ball around, score early on a dong or two and then give up hitting for the rest of the game. Same thing year in and year out. Catch the f***ing ball, hit the f***ing ball. We are a self fulfilling prophecy of suck up there.

QUOTE (JohnStamos @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 10:29 PM)

Yes, I absolutely will criticize a guy whose job is to get a good pitch to hit and extend the game, who swings at the 1st pitch at an alarming rate. you take pitches, and you get a good pitch to hit, If you don’t get a pitch to hit, you don’t swing. AJ doesn’t this s*** all the time, I love him, but it’s true.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)
That was a terrible pitch AJP swung at. Low, outside fastball that he swung the bat at. Looked like it was an 0-2 swing he took.

I can't watch the game so I did not see the pitch. But complaining about AJ's hitting this year seems to be quite ridiculous.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)

I can't watch the game so I did not see the pitch. But complaining about AJ's hitting this year seems to be quite ridiculous.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
Yes, I absolutely will criticize a guy whose job is to get a good pitch to hit and extend the game, who swings at the 1st pitch at an alarming rate. you take pitches, and you get a good pitch to hit, If you don’t get a pitch to hit, you don’t swing. AJ doesn’t this s*** all the time, I love him, but it’s true.

The problem with him, and Alexei too, is that they automatically assume that the 1st pitch will be a fastball right down the middle. And if it's not, they don't hit it hard.

QUOTE (JohnStamos @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)

Welcome to the game threads. You'll see stuff like that alot.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)
5 to go, although the park didn't do us in tonight.

The park had nothing to do with Alexei taking throws off tonight. Or Konerko not making scoops. The turf plays true on hops like that.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 03:33 AM)
I kind of wish KW would just clean f***ing house with this team... they are not going to do much playing like the way they are.

Luckily the rumors that the trade deadline means nothing this year will be true. I can't help but think we'll be sellers 10 days from now. You think this offense has any prayer of going head-to-head against the '27 Yankees this coming weekend?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)
Same script every year.

We beat up on them a bit at home, then we go into the ASB. We come out, and our backsides pucker up and we press. Go to the dome, kick the ball around, score early on a dong or two and then give up hitting for the rest of the game. Same thing year in and year out. Catch the f***ing ball, hit the f***ing ball. We are a self fulfilling prophecy of suck up there.

do you think in their new ballpark things will change or is it their style of play that kills us?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)
Why would you get rid of Nix?

I've never been a big fan of him. I don't recall him every getting a hit when we needed one. He's a decent utility guy, but I don't like that he basically starts for Getz whenever a lefty is on the mound.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
do you think in their new ballpark things will change or is it their style of play that kills us?

I'm willing to bet that we dominate them in their new stadium, much like we dominate them at home.