The 2009 Chicago White Sox

JohnCangelosi

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 02:28 PM)
It came up in the chat last night, but I have no problem with the Sox seeing what they could get for Lexi on the open market

Agreed, although I'd wait for a team to over-pay for Alexei at this point. Until I see more evidence of him taking plays, I'm still relying on this guy to help fill the void that will be created in the middle of the lineup in the not-too-distant future.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
It came up in the chat last night, but I have no problem with the Sox seeing what they could get for Lexi on the open market, moving Beckham to SS, Getz stays at 2b, and figuring out what to do at 3B with Nix/Fields.

The Giants right now are trotting out Matt Downs at 2B right now. Ramirez would look awfully good at 2B for them, and IMO, is expendable.

We would need to get A LOT for Lexi since he's only making 1.1M a year. He's a great guy to have so we can afford the Konerko's at 12M per etc....and this gives us so much flexibility payroll wise I would say it's nearly impossible to trade a guy who can play the middle infield, hit .280, steal 15 bases and hit 20 HRs. And all that for the LOW LOW PRICE of 1M per ;-)

We are the Twins personal whipping boys.

We should have at least make some money off this embarrassment at the dome.

Whenever we play there we should send somebody to Vegas and bet all our savings on the Twins. Yes they are favored and our profits would be less but when the Sox play the Twins in Minnesota, we lose, lose, lose and lose some more.

It's unbelievable.

Either we choke every time or we truly are incapable of playing the kind of baseball it takes to win in that joint.

Im a big fan of getz, want him on the team and actually endorse the trade alexie(hopefully netting 1 or 2 bigtime prospects) and keeping a middle infield of getz/beckham for a longggg time.

but

wtf was chris doing on that ground ball where he broke to his right and the ball was hit to his left? has there been any explanation of this yet?

After watching the game fall apart yesterday, largely due to sub-par defense, it's easy to say we are a horrible defensive team. But, one could argue that we are a good defensive team after watching them back up Buehrle during his perfect game. What has most recently happened is of course going to be in the forefront of our minds. That being said, there are improvements that could be made on defense. I would hope that there is someone (or two) available via trade, but I'm not holding my breath.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 08:05 AM)
After watching the game fall apart yesterday, largely due to sub-par defense, it's easy to say we are a horrible defensive team. But, one could argue that we are a good defensive team after watching them back up Buehrle during his perfect game. What has most recently happened is of course going to be in the forefront of our minds. That being said, there are improvements that could be made on defense. I would hope that there is someone (or two) available via trade, but I'm not holding my breath.

Actually no, I'm pretty sure we are statistically near the bottom of the AL in defense.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 07:47 AM)
Actually no, I'm pretty sure we are statistically near the bottom of the AL in defense.

I wasn't arguing that we aren't good on defense. My point was that although we may have felt good about it after Mark's perfect game, we felt really bad about yesterday. I think that yesterday's game was a little more like the real Sox defense.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
I actually would like the Alexei 2B, Beckham SS, Nix 3B configuration. I was thinking about it earlier. Getz is not playing his way to the bench but it's worth considering whether reshuffling the team that way makes it better.

YES! Alexei goes back to the position we know he can play from last year. Beckham plays the position he's played his whole life. Nix should cover 3b adequately because he seems talented defensively. Getz gets the super sub role. Another option would be to trade for Aubrey Huff or Rolen to play 3b and put Nix and Getz on the bench with Wise the odd man out.

C AJ

1b Konerko

2b Ramirez

3b Huff

SS Beckham

LF Q

CF Pods

RF Dye

DH Thome

Nix SS,3b,2b,LF

Getz 2b,SS

Kotsay CF,RF,LF,1b