White Sox @ Twins 7/28 Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I give up...

these games resemble reruns of the same game with the Sox always losing in the end,a bad movie with a predictable bad ending.The Twins are even probably bored of playing us at home knowing they'll end up winning no matter what we do...meh,I'm just frustrated

1.) That leathery thing on either your left or right hand is for catching the ball. It is not a hat.

2.) When throwing the ball to a person wearing the same uniform as you, remember to try and aim the ball so it hits the glove. Bouncing it, kicking it, throwing it over the players head is not part of the equation.

3.) The club like thing is a bat, you swat it at the ball thrown by the man on the hill.

4.) There are no ghosts, boogeymen, or scary things at the Metrodome. Its like Walmart, including the pumped in sound effects.

Try not to become the self fulfilling prophecy of suck. Try hitting the ball, catching the ball, and running around the bases. It is okay to hit past the 4th inning.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 11:31 PM)
1.) That leathery thing on either your left or right hand is for catching the ball. It is not a hat.

2.) When throwing the ball to a person wearing the same uniform as you, remember to try and aim the ball so it hits the glove. Bouncing it, kicking it, throwing it over the players head is not part of the equation.

3.) The club like thing is a bat, you swat it at the ball thrown by the man on the hill.

4.) There are no ghosts, boogeymen, or scary things at the Metrodome. Its like Walmart, including the pumped in sound effects.

Try not to become the self fulfilling prophecy of suck. Try hitting the ball, catching the ball, and running around the bases. It is okay to hit past the 4th inning.

"the name of the game is hit the ball, catch the ball, and get the f***in job done" -lee elia

i too am sick of the overall attitude among fans announcers players and management that we cant win going into that dome. Its still baseball, even if it is indoors

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 12:29 AM)
Have another gem Mark. We might need it.

I'm not asking for another perfect game from MB,not even a no-hitter,just a complete game shutout...we'll have a 50/50 chance of beating the Twinkles if they dont score a run!!:D

9.1 perfect inning streak on the line. Oh yeah, and that s***ty outing he had against the Twins last time. Let's change that to an 8 IP, 4 H, 1 R performance with the Sox putting up their usual 4 or 5, so the Twins can only get it close in the 9th without actually tying the game.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:45 AM)
Probably won't be able to watch today, that might be a good thing. I hope we can win and get this s*** figured out, but I am not hopeful. 5 games and counting...

fyi i believe the metrodome will still be the home of the vikings, so unfortunately we don't get the pleasure of watching that thing crumble to the ground...but at least the twins will be outdoors finally

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:41 AM)
I'll be avoiding the next 2 games to save myself from the stress. Hopefully I'll wake up each morning with a pleasant surprise.

everyone likes to wake up to pleasant surprises

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 12:26 PM)
we all would, our best hitter is hitting 9th. makes no sense.

Right on. Enough of this "protecting" him crap. This guy is a different type of cat. Beckham should be hitting 2nd the rest of the year, and possibly hitting 3rd next year.