Buy or Sell

BamaDoc

What would you do?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. After all star game 6-7 and 1-5 road trip

• Buy..trade prospects go for it
    • Sell .....almost any vet they will take
    • Stand pat

At the break I had a thread stating our performance this month would indicate where we are as contenders. I am neither a sunshine pumper or doom and gloomer but this is not a world series caliber team. We might win a weak division but I don't want to mortgage the future for a playoff birth. If you truly want to win it all, I think you sell veterans who don't fit beyond the next two years like Pods, Dotel, Contreras, Thome possibly Dye and Konerko and Jenks for any decent prospect package or payroll savings and sign our last couple over slot draft picks.

Edited by BamaDoc

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
Buy for the future. I have no problem with the Sox trading a group of prospects for a veteran that is going to be with the Sox for 2, 3 more years.

That's my thinking. If they can trade prospects, and extend a vet's contract...I'd be down for that. Don't make a trade just for the sake of making a trade.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:06 PM)
Two days before the trade deadline after getting embarrassed by the top contenders for the division, what the hell else should people be discussing?

How many times can everyone say the same s*** over and over again in different threads.

KW never has and never will be a seller, period. What White Sox GM has everyone been watching for the last decade?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
How many times can everyone say the same s*** over and over again in different threads.

KW never has and never will be a seller, period. What White Sox GM has everyone been watching for the last decade?

Not to mention...management doesn't want to go through all the stuff they went through with the White Flag trades....

Oh, then we should just not post anything because Williams hasn't been a seller?

There's two new threads, by the way. One is a poll and the other is just a regular thread. So, I guess the answer is two.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
Buy for the future. I have no problem with the Sox trading a group of prospects for a veteran that is going to be with the Sox for 2, 3 more years.

This I agree with. But knowing Kenny, he's going to attempt to do something crazy for this year. This is probably the only time where I'm happy we don't have the elite prospects that other teams have.

The Sox should sell but they should be in a Tor mindstate in that's its not absolutely necessary. If the prospects/players you get back don't really blow you away, then forget it.

The division is winnable, but big deal...it's not even likely with the schedule we have. Sure, in 05 we won it when everyone counted the team out in Sept, but we still had a damn good record and a good track record that season. This season we have been .500 more or less all damn year. We are average and have too many holes to contend

The 04-05 offseason, letting Maggs walk and then trading Carlos Lee. It worked out great, but if Kenny says he was thinking 'Championship' while making those deals then he's a damn liar. If it wasn't for the World Series we would've lost Konerko at the end of that year too

KW has NOT been much of a buyer either at the trade deadline a spare part hear and there is all he has really done! :gosoxretro: