Sox versus Yankees July 30, 2009 game thread

Way to shut em up again, Dwayne.

Does that person who called him a human piece of s*** the other day still feel that way?

The worst player on our roster saves a perfect game and beats the Yankees. That is not a human piece of s***.

Congrats again, Dwayne.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 12:00 AM)

Does that person who called him a human piece of s*** the other day still feel that way?

The worst player on our roster saves a perfect game and beats the Yankees. That is not a human piece of s***.

Congrats again, Dwayne.

high_horse.jpg

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)

Congrats again, Dwayne.

Best G**d**n .193 hitter in baseball!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 12:00 AM)

Congrats again, Dwayne.

Whoever called him that is shameful. No matter how bad one thinks Wise is, getting personal like that is not cool. Despite his hit tonight and catch last week, I personally don't believe he belongs on a ML roster. I'm glad he's made a couple good plays, but his ineptitude in countless other situations has also costed the team.

That said, your point about the personal attack is definately a good take.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 11:00 PM)

Congrats again, Dwayne.

You should have learned by now not to take stuff like that so personal....although I do agree with that D Wise is a bad baseball player.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 12:05 AM)
Whoever called him that is shameful. No matter how bad one thinks Wise is, getting personal like that is not cool. Despite his hit tonight and catch last week, I personally don't believe he belongs on a ML roster. I'm glad he's made a couple good plays, but his ineptitude in countless other situations has also costed the team.

That said, your point about the personal attack is definately a good take.

That was one person who actually got suspended for saying that believe it or not, yet he's on a jihad about it and feels the need to bring it up every time the subject comes up. Hence me being facetious with that picture I posted.

Sigh, happy to win the game, but this D-Wheezey hit along with the catch might buy him another month with the team. This is a very bad thing.

That's cool he got suspended. Kudos to you for suspending that guy for that.

So as I won't get suspended, to this post let me just say I am glad I do not approach sports like you apparently do (at least on the internet).

My gosh. You say SIGH?

I am a White Sox fan.D. Wise saved a fricking perfect game! That is a lifetime memory.

Wise just beat the hated Yankees with a base hit. You see nothing wrong with your statement so more power to you. I'm just glad I am not that kind of fan. Did Wise beat you up in an alley or something? He's the worst player on our roster, fine. Yet he's personally responsible for 2 fantastic finishes.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 12:13 AM)
That's cool he got suspended. Kudos to you for suspending that guy for that.

So as I won't get suspended, to this post let me just say I am glad I do not approach sports like you apparently do (at least on the internet).

My gosh. You say SIGH?

I am a White Sox fan.D. Wise saved a fricking perfect game! That is a lifetime memory.

Wise just beat the hated Yankees with a base hit. You see nothing wrong with your statement so more power to you. I'm just glad I am not that kind of fan. Did Wise beat you up in an alley or something? He's the worst player on our roster, fine. Yet he's personally responsible for 2 fantastic finishes.

Greg, we’ve done this before. Let me just repeat: I’ve thanked Wheezy repeatedly for that catch, I’ve said it’s going to be a lasting memory for all of us, I think it’s great. Really great, in fact, for Wheezy to have something to carry with him for the rest of his life. My argument is, and always will be, that we should carry the best 25 guys we can on this roster. I don’t think Wise is one of them. I watch him play and I get frustrated over all the things he can’t do, and when there is something he can, a hit, a catch, that’s awesome, that’s really f***ing awesome, but I can’t overlook the fact that 9 out of ten times the exact opposite outcome usually occurs for Wise. And usually that outcome is a negative one. I don’t think we need to call each other out on our respective fan hoods, because we both recognize that each of us had a legitimate stake in the success of this team. We both live and die by this team, you do it unconditionally, and I love that. Hell, I wish I could be like that, but I’m a bit more tactical, if there’s a gift horse, I look it directly in the mouth, and wonder what else it can contribute. I’m just naturally like that.

Good post thunderbolt.

I loved your post. Sometimes when I see a post like your earlier post, I just shake my head and take it that you didn't even enjoy the moment and enjoy the win because it was Wise and means he might get to play more. But obviously you do enjoy the wins.

I fully understand your last long post. I guess I didn't like the short one written shortly after Wise got the hit. I thought you truly were bummed in a way that we actually won, just cause it was Wise.

Good stuff.

If Wise suddenly became a .300 hitter I'd be ecstatic. Although I'm superstitious and would probably keep ripping him. It worked last year. Bashing him loudly before his at-bat leading off the game against the A's in Section 101 and he proceeds to homer and make me look like a complete asshole. I've been convinced of my powers since then.