Sox versus Yankees August 1, 2009 game thread

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 07:33 PM)
I think it was, ”you hit two doubles, and a (inaudible). We’ll let that one go.”

I thought it was "you get one hall pass, there you go" or something like that.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 05:25 PM)
He's ridiculous. The talk around baseball circles is that most people believe that Gordon will add muscle over the next few years and turn into a 30 HR guy with ridiculous double numbers. He has a shot to be the premiere 3B in the league. He isn't going to hit 40 or 50 hr's but he's going to do everything really really well.

I much rather Becks be a 25-30 HR hitter with .325 plus average than a 40-50 HR slugger because his average would no doubt suffer...

TQC is starting to come around and with Becks hitting like he's been hitting...WATCH OUT!!!

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 06:36 PM)
I much rather Becks be a 25-30 HR hitter with .325 plus average than a 40-50 HR slugger because his average would no doubt suffer...

TQC is starting to come around and with Becks hitting like he's been hitting...WATCH OUT!!!

For Becks to hit 40-50 HR he'd have to roid the f*** up... I like clean baseball, and his build indicates he should probably be a 25-30 HR guy... I'd be thrilled with that if he hits a bunch of doubles.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)

Agreed, and I think that he'd need to do more than hit the weight room to hit 40-50.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 12:33 AM)
OMGJETERRANOUTAGROUNDER

Considering the fact Jeter's got 4 rings, gets paid 18 million and his team is down 10 runs, I appreciate as a baseball fan the guy busting his ass to try and spark something for his team.

QUOTE (Allsox @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 07:45 PM)
Considering the fact Jeter's got 4 rings, gets paid 18 million and his team is down 10 runs, I appreciate as a baseball fan the guy busting his ass to try and spark something for his team.

Jeter is a great player and going to the Hall of Fame. The only thing that really burns my ass is that he won those Gold Gloves because of his bat.

QUOTE (Allsox @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 12:45 AM)

Derek Jeter is a quality ball player for sure. I liked that fact he was taking time to to visit with his #1 fan-Gordon Beckham- and gave him an appreciative pat on the arm. The kid looked like he was star struck when standing next to Jeter. Great moment.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 12:39 AM)
For Becks to hit 40-50 HR he'd have to roid the f*** up... I like clean baseball, and his build indicates he should probably be a 25-30 HR guy... I'd be thrilled with that if he hits a bunch of doubles.

I'd just a soon see him hit 40-50 doubles a year and maybe 15-20 HR's