Sox versus Yankees August 2, 2009 game thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
Why are there so many damn tickets left? According to ticket rep, 8K tickets still remain. For Buehrle's first home game after perfect game, that's embarrassingly sad.

against the yankees and cc sabathia no less

QUOTE (IamPabloOzuna @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 11:27 PM)
against the yankees and cc sabathia no less

Sunday afternoon has always have had a lower attendance then say a saturday evening game. We may see a surprising amount of walkups at the turnstyle. I think that sox fans like to see the sox when they are playing well. The casual fan, not the informed one likest to see the sox while they have a chance for a pennant, wildcard, or even the thought of another ring. Unlike the other side of town whose tickets are bought up by scalpers to resell at the beginning of the season.

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
Why are there so many damn tickets left? According to ticket rep, 8K tickets still remain. For Buehrle's first home game after perfect game, that's embarrassingly sad.

The Sox are a team that's always depended on walk up. So there is your answer. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the 8k is bought before the game today.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 10:20 AM)
Buerhle 0-4 lifetime against the Yanks, CC is 7-1 at USCF.

0-5 vs CC as well :(

Oh well, they snapped AJ Burnetts recent string of dominance, lets see if they can do the same with CC

WGN. This has been a great week for me being able to watch this entire 4 game series on TV and the Sox winning. I'll be behind the big screen today watching WGN. I hope Buerhle is perfect again and Sox rip CC Moneybags Sabathia. But, I'll settle for a win

Finally watched the replay of yesterday's game.

Sox hitters need to be patient at the plate as they were yesterday and hit with RISP which has been the difference b/w the 2 teams in the series so far.

Getting a 4 game sweep against the Yanks would be quite the accomplishment.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)
Finally watched the replay of yesterday's game.

Sox hitters need to be patient at the plate as they were yesterday and hit with RISP which has been the difference b/w the 2 teams in the series so far.

Getting a 4 game sweep against the Yanks would be quite the accomplishment.

That would be a s***load of momentum, and that is definitely what this team needs.

QUOTE (League @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 09:09 AM)
That would be a s***load of momentum, and that is definitely what this team needs.

I'd say that acquiring Peavy and then taking three straight from the Yankees has already given them serious momentum. A sweep would be more like the icing on the cake.