New JPNese, taking suggestions for next week...

JPN366

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a nit picky grammar police asshole, but I caught this when I was reading it.

He may consider himself and organization guy and just be happy to be playing affiliate ball, but in my opinion it would be a tragedy if he never got a shot in the majors, regardless of the team.

These articles look pretty profession to me, and I assume that's what you are going for. That's why I pointed this out. Just proofread before you post it I guess. It makes it look more professional. Other than that, it looks good.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 11:52 PM)
JPN, maybe not this next time but a write up on Stefan Gartrell would be nice. He has done very well this year and is ready for AAA IMHO. Hope Viciedo rakes tonight.

Ha that's funny. Jason was working on a piece about him, but got sidetracked. It should be coming soon (eventually?).

Ha that's funny. Jason was working on a piece about him, but got sidetracked. It should be coming soon (eventually?).

Ah kewl, no worries then. Danman, think he will make it to the bigs next next? Or at least a ST invite? He has done just about all he can at BHam.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 04:38 AM)
Danman, think he will make it to the bigs next next? Or at least a ST invite? He has done just about all he can at BHam.

I'm really not the best to ask because I haven't seen him, but from a stats/scouting report standpoint there isn't a ton to like. He's 25 and has a poor K rate at Bham despite a damn good OPS. Next year he will be in Charlotte (probably still only in Bham for upcoming playoffs) and will probably get a look in ST. I'm not going to say he can't be a solid bench player in the Majors, but I don't think he can be more than that. He has a good chance to at least get a look in the Majors at some point, unlike David Cook, but he better hit in AAA as soon as he gets there or he will become the next David Cook. Just seems to be the way the org. treats older performers like himself.

I'm really not the best to ask because I haven't seen him, but from a stats/scouting report standpoint there isn't a ton to like. He's 25 and has a poor K rate at Bham despite a damn good OPS. Next year he will be in Charlotte (probably still only in Bham for upcoming playoffs) and will probably get a look in ST. I'm not going to say he can't be a solid bench player in the Majors, but I don't think he can be more than that. He has a good chance to at least get a look in the Majors at some point, unlike David Cook, but he better hit in AAA as soon as he gets there or he will become the next David Cook. Just seems to be the way the org. treats older performers like himself.

Yeah I hear ya. Once they creep inot their mid twenties and the ceiling they reach in only AA then I guess that is literally as far as they can go. Still not a bad living. I wonder if he is making like 200-300K per year as an average MILB salary would be.

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 01:05 AM)
Not to be a nit picky grammar police asshole, but I caught this when I was reading it.

He may consider himself and organization guy and just be happy to be playing affiliate ball, but in my opinion it would be a tragedy if he never got a shot in the majors, regardless of the team.

These articles look pretty profession to me, and I assume that's what you are going for. That's why I pointed this out. Just proofread before you post it I guess. It makes it look more professional. Other than that, it looks good.

I have a tendency to write "and" instead of "an" sometimes. I do proofread, but sometimes you'll miss something out of 740 words. There is a difference between a grammar issue and a typo. Please do not question my grammar.

Edited by JPN366

I have a tendency to write "and" instead of "an" sometimes. I do proofread, but sometimes you'll miss something out of 740 words. There is a difference between a grammar issue and a typo. Please do not question my grammar.

Exactly lol. I am not saying you have bad grammar. Grammar police go for typos too. It's just a term. I put the "Not to be a nit picky grammar police asshole" because I didn't want to be an asshole. I got the impression you are into journalism and are/will be doing it for a living. I thought your article looked good and professional, but you should proofread more next time. Typos can make an article look a lot less professional.

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
Exactly lol. I am not saying you have bad grammar. Grammar police go for typos too. It's just a term. I put the "Not to be a nit picky grammar police asshole" because I didn't want to be an asshole. I got the impression you are into journalism and are/will be doing it for a living. I thought your article looked good and professional, but you should proofread more next time. Typos can make an article look a lot less professional.

Like I said, I did proofread, but it is possible to miss one word out of 740. I'm just writing observations for you guys, amateur journalism won't pay my bills. If Northside, Danman or Bearsox have a problem with my professionalism, they'll let me know.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 01:05 AM)

:unsure:

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 01:16 PM)
The new edition of JPNese is in, I'll continue to take requests here for next week's blog.

JP, I was concerned we were losing "your guy" C.J., in the Rios deal, right after your excellent article on FutureSox. Glad it didn't turn out that way.

Hopefully, Retherford can create some competition with Getz starting next ST, or otherwise be groomed as a utility guy.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 07:16 PM)
The new edition of JPNese is in, I'll continue to take requests here for next week's blog.

Great to meet you in Birmingham. Nice article on CJ. He looks thick for a secondbaseman, like a Glen Hubbard. Not saying fat just thick. Seemed to move decent. Did I notice some kind of knee brace on the left?