Angels @ Sox, 7:11 PM

lostfan

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We are 8-8 over our last 16 vs TB, DET, MIN, NYY, and LAA. That is about where I expected us to be, which is nice considering we went 1-6 vs DET and MIN.

Hopefully we can do something against O'Sullivan, who threw a no-hitter in Triple-A last week.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 09:23 AM)
O'Sullivan looks pretty decent. Anyone got a book on him?

via ESPN:

Los Angeles is expected to call up Sean O'Sullivan (3-0, 3.72) from Triple-A Salt Lake for Wednesday's start.

O'Sullivan was sent down after giving up two runs and six hits in 5 1/3 innings of a 10-2 win against Kansas City on July 21. The Angels are 5-0 with the 21-year-old rookie right-hander on the mound.

All three of O'Sullivan's wins have come on the road, where he has a 2.45 ERA. He pitched a no-hitter in a Triple-A start last week.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
:lol:
Maybe this normal but sometimes I can tell sometime during the game whether our sox or going to win or lose. Last nights ball game looked like a train wreck with Contreras. Lackey looked like he was pitching his normal game. we got some clutch hits and great relief pitching. I'm really beginning to believe in this team even more. I hope Gavin keeps our hopes alive. I would imagine the sox would really go up in the rankings if they took 2 out of 3 or sweep the Angels. These Sox are for real! Edited by forrestg

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 08:38 AM)
I'll be at the game tonight. Just look for the guy throwing roses at third base.

Bring a sign that quotes one of the many amazing posts from the last 2 days.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 01:25 PM)
Does anyone know what's Jered Weaver's status is like with the Angels?

I've always wondered if he'd be a good trade target, hmmmm.

If we trotted out a rotation of Peavy/Buehrle/Floyd/Danks/Weaver, the rest of the league should just forfeit.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
MDGonzales--Sox lineup: Pods cf, Beckham 3b, Dye rf, Thome dh, Konerko 1b, AJ c, Quentin lf, Getz 2b, Nix ss, Floyd p. Ramirez out for 6th straight game

Hmm. Wtf. Nix is a nice sub and all but he needs to get back to bench duties.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
MDGonzales--Sox lineup: Pods cf, Beckham 3b, Dye rf, Thome dh, Konerko 1b, AJ c, Quentin lf, Getz 2b, Nix ss, Floyd p. Ramirez out for 6th straight game

I wonder if they would've been better off just putting Ramirez on the DL.