White Sox Winner

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 01:09 AM)
Why does someone always have to try and jinx it? :stick

career 2-2, 5.12 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, in 7 career regular season games, 6 career regular season starts.

He also faced them in the postseason once. Paul Konerko helped end his night rather quickly.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 02:15 AM)
career 2-2, 5.12 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, in 7 career regular season games, 6 career regular season starts.

He also faced them in the postseason once. Paul Konerko helped end his night rather quickly.

That also includes a CG SHO at the Cell in 2005. That game was his 2nd MLB start.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 05:21 AM)
Heard Chris Rongey on the post-game show mention the Sox are 7-2 in their last 9 games against pitchers they haven't seen before.

Thought I heard Rongey sing something to this very tune when I caught his gig on the way home from work. The inability to even touch a "new to us" pitcher has been among the more frustrating trends with this team over the last few years. Hit them. If their ERA starts with an 8 that means that you shouldn't be down 2-0 entering the bottom of the 7th.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 06:31 AM)
Oh yeah that Floyd guy. ERA under 4 now.

He's been incredible the last 2 1/2 months. He's having a better season than last year (which is kinda shocking considering his ERA stood at 6.54 on May 22nd). He's proven all the Sabergeeks wrong, and he's totally justified the faith the organization showed in him with the 4-year extension.

Since acquiring Peavy, the Sox have gone 4-1 against two division leaders and are averaging 8 runs per game. That's quite a contrast to the last two weeks of July.

Sweeps are deceptively difficult, but the pitching matchup is pretty favorable today.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:18 AM)
Absolutely awesome. And tomorrow they throw Santana and his 7.00 ERA at us...I smell sweep.

The pessimist in me looks at that as Cy Young territory versus us. The optimist looks at Danks throwing a no-hitter. I feel strongly both ways about our chances in this game :lolhitting

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 05:28 AM)
He's been incredible the last 2 1/2 months. He's having a better season than last year (which is kinda shocking considering his ERA stood at 6.54 on May 22nd). He's proven all the Sabergeeks wrong, and he's totally justified the faith the organization showed in him with the 4-year extension.

Take out a couple of those bad starts and his name would be in the Cy Young running.