Indians (47-62) @ White Sox (56-54) 6:05pm WGN-HD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
My wife is really mad that they didn't plunk somebody. She wants blood.

You're not married to Hawk are you? :)

Seriously, were they going after us or did their young pitchers just get wild?

That said, a message must be sent I agree. I think Count should plunk Grady tomorrow and then it be done.

Edited by kwolf68

That would be great...get Jenks suspended for 5 games. Hawk needs to get over it. Lewis wasn't trying to hit Pods, he was just overthrowing his cutter way too much.

You have to retaliate. So now we have to do it Sunday in an 0-0 game. I'd rather have had Bobby hit one of them.

It'll be up to Jose, now early in tomorrow's game.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 10:23 PM)
You have to retaliate. So now we have to do it Sunday in an 0-0 game. I'd rather have had Bobby hit one of them.

You absolutely do not give them a free base runner. EVER. You wanna retaliate? Hit a homer, score some runs. Being childish is unacceptable in the game of baseball.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 10:23 PM)

Absolutely. I agree that the Indians were not trying to hit us, but when they can just toss whatever crap toward the plate with no concern, that gives THEM the advantage. If they hit us, then we have to come toward them. If they don't want to pay the fiddler, get those pitches off our players and if you're not good enough to go inside without cracking us, move the ball away. We can't afford any injuries coming down the stretch.

Me hitting you after you hitting me is a part of baseball and has been for over 100 years. It aint changing now.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)
You absolutely do not give them a free base runner. EVER. You wanna retaliate? Hit a homer, score some runs. Being childish is unacceptable in the game of baseball.

Sorry, but retaliation is as much a part of baseball as the ball itself. Childish or not, it's just the way it is.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 08:25 PM)

I disagree. You protect your hitters. Always been that way.

No offense, but how long have you been a fan of baseball? You have to retaliate. We will tomorrow. I wish bobby had hit one of those punks tonight to get it over with.

Of course then they retaliate tomorrow and there's a brawl either way.

I might get some flack about this, but I do agree as well. That shouldnt be a route in 95% of circumstances. It should be about the game, not about hitting each other. There all grown men out there, what kind of example does that set? Now im not gonna get into some 'stop the violence' bs post about baseball, but straight up, there grown men playing a game where they get paid millions. I want them to do everything they can to win the game, and putting runners on for free doesnt help. The 'you hit me, i hit you' philosophy is just that, childish.

Thats even worse, then suspensions fly, and top players go down for a period of time. + just more of a bad example. Nothing good comes out of it except uh... 'protecting' us. YES if they hit us multiple more times then it gets weary, but man, these are grown men, are they really that angry to be hitting us with a baseball? Maybe I just cant fathom it.

Edited by CryptviLL

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 10:29 PM)
No offense, but how long have you been a fan of baseball? You have to retaliate. We will tomorrow. I wish bobby had hit one of those punks tonight to get it over with.

We’re talking about Jenks and Contreras. Two guys who have been struggling badly with control over the last month. To ask them to put a man on to satisfy some silly vendetta is ultimately, to the detriment of this team. You don’t win a baseball game by putting more of the others guys men on base. Especially, if it’s just to win some pissing match.

Maybe, Thunderbolt, but we led by 3 runs in the ninth against a bad team.

I woulda got it out of the way with Jenks plunking that second htter, even though he's a nobody.

He got the first out then BAM.

Now we've got to deal with it Sunday and Jose has sucked of late.