Chicago @ Seattle Gamethread

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling bad about having so many OFers and wanting to give everyone playing time, Ozzie has decided to go the way of slow pitch softball:

Left Field - TCQ

Left Centerfield - Pods

Right Centerfield - Rios

Right Field - Dye

Then he will allow Wise to play a deep SS and run around like a madman.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)
he better be in tonight. hes had plenty of time to catch a flight to seattle.

He's supposed to be in this afternoon, but they may hold him out because of the long flight from NY. I personally hope they are just going to give him the option and he'll say that he's fine to play today.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 12:26 PM)
Crazy good or crazy bad?

its a nice K:BB ratio....but his K:IP is far from special...106.1 IP 79 K 11 BB....so hes for sure going to be around the plate, but im guessing he's not gonna overpower anyone either

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
its a nice K:BB ratio....but his K:IP is far from special...106.1 IP 79 K 11 BB....so hes for sure going to be around the plate, but im guessing he's not gonna overpower anyone either

Your signature is a joke. Ramirez below average D? Rios is my pick to click. That is all.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 12:34 PM)
Your signature is a joke. Ramirez below average D? Rios is my pick to click. That is all.

well i'll give alexei credit, when i made my sig it was predicated that his horrendous metrics at 2b last year would carry over to the more difficult position, but he has improved on them to be at least in the neighborhood of an average defender. That said, having watched him at SS, I still think he's probably the worst defensive SS we've had in a while. I'd say he's probably even worse than Valentin who was a guy who made alot of errors but had ridiculous range and metrics. meanwhile, you are entitled to your opinion and me mine, but if i had to guess most soxtalkers would find it a stretch to say that my sig is a "joke" (at least the defensive part)...and i'm quite confident most would not classify alexei as "above average"

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 12:42 PM)
well i'll give alexei credit, when i made my sig it was predicated that his horrendous metrics at 2b last year would carry over to the more difficult position, but he has improved on them to be at least in the neighborhood of an average defender. That said, having watched him at SS, I still think he's probably the worst defensive SS we've had in a while. I'd say he's probably even worse than Valentin who was a guy who made alot of errors but had ridiculous range and metrics. meanwhile, you are entitled to your opinion and me mine, but if i had to guess most soxtalkers would find it a stretch to say that my sig is a "joke" (at least the defensive part)...and i'm quite confident most would not classify alexei as "above average"

Royce Clayton. Ballgame.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 01:20 PM)
royce clayton was bad defensively? news to me

News to you? You think that Swisher was an average CF and Ramirez was below average at 2b. There is no rationalizing with you. Lord knows what you think about Pods in center.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 01:33 PM)
News to you? You think that Swisher was an average CF and Ramirez was below average at 2b. There is no rationalizing with you. Lord knows what you think about Pods in center.

Clayton was a better defensive SS than all of the folks mentioned above. The fact he could not hit was his problem.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 07:33 PM)

Royce Clayton was fantastic defensively for the Sox. And yes, I agree with daa that Swisher was average in CF and Alexei was bad at 2nd base. Alexei was great defensively prior to the ASB last year, but he absolutely sucked defensively in the 2nd half of 2008.