Chicago @ Seattle Gamethread

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
Royce Clayton was fantastic defensively for the Sox. And yes, I agree with daa that Swisher was average in CF and Alexei was bad at 2nd base. Alexei was great defensively prior to the ASB last year, but he absolutely sucked defensively in the 2nd half of 2008.

Swisher was a better defender than Ramirez? What games were you watching?

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
The Score just said on their 2:30 PM update that Rios will make his debut with the team today. I am assuming this means that he will be in the lineup.

If that's true, that's one helluva early line-up card. Is Ozzie making the batting order from his hotel room?

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)
he better be in tonight. hes had plenty of time to catch a flight to seattle.

Rios had to go to Toronto last night. I'm sure he'll get to Seattle in time to play, but you never know, he may sit tonight to catch is breath.

Similar to when Beckham came up, I thought it was a bad move to make him fly in that morning to play that afternoon. Then he started 2-28. Not that it was a direct correlation, but you never know.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 01:33 PM)
News to you? You think that Swisher was an average CF and Ramirez was below average at 2b. There is no rationalizing with you. Lord knows what you think about Pods in center.

i think pods rulz in center cuz he is super fast and can run down anything and hes great cuz he steals lots of bases and distracts the pitcher when the next guy is in the batters box.

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 08:09 PM)
i think pods rulz in center cuz he is super fast and can run down anything and hes great cuz he steals lots of bases and distracts the pitcher when the next guy is in the batters box.

please be sarcasm...

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 03:10 PM)
please be sarcasm...

of course it was

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
I thought Dan Bernstein was on the air?????

haha yeah i guess that smart ass comment was rather bernstein-esque....which i will kick myself for because i can't stand either B in the B&B combo....but especially the useless terry boers

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
I'm hoping we see Pods in left, Rios in center, and Quentin in right tonight.

+1

Jermaine has been slumping badly lately, hopefully getting Rios can spark JD

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
Jeez, we've already got posters at each others' throats and the game isn't for another 6 hours. Can we all cool it a bit?

Nah I'm actually enjoying Daa make the new posters look "not very smart" actually. But that's just me. BTW, Rios had to fly from New York, back to Toronto, and now has to fly to Seattle. I'd be surprised if he plays tonight, though it is possible. He'll definitely play tomorrow.

Edited by SoxAce

It'll be Q LF, Pods CF, Rios RF.

They won't move Q to RF.

I really hope not. Quentin was a RF before he came to the white sox. I'm sure he can still play it. LF is Pods position. He is pretty bad in center... Rios is a lot more valuable in CF too... Rios in center just seems like the logical thing to do.

Edited by son of a rude

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 04:27 PM)
I really hope not. Quentin was a RF before he came to the white sox. I'm sure he can still play it. LF is Pods position. He is pretty bad in center... Rios is a lot more valuable in CF too... Rios in center just seems like the logical thing to do.

Since when does Ozzie do the logical thing?

He's right. Ozzie doesn't like moving guys around so I would guess Quentin stays in LF.