Chicago @ Seattle Gamethread

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)
Cowley just said on The Score that Rios isn't expected to start until tomorrow.

That Sucks, i was hoping to see him play tonight on WGN. This is the only game off i have because the biscuits play 10 games in 11 nights :(

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)
That Sucks, i was hoping to see him play tonight on WGN. This is the only game off i have because the biscuits play 10 games in 11 nights :(

I was in Montgomery a bunch for work two summers ago and went to a lot of Biscuits games. Good times. Got to see Longoria go against Justin Upton one game.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:42 PM)
I was in Montgomery a bunch for work two summers ago and went to a lot of Biscuits games. Good times. Got to see Longoria go against Justin Upton one game.

its a great stadium, if your ever in town again let me know ill get you some front row seats!

The Rios and Peavy moves are going to help us immeasurably in 2010 and beyond, but as for 2009, we're still just a .500 team who is 3 games out of first. We're really not good enough to fall much further than 3 games out in mid August or later and come back, so we better win some games soon.

Brief piece about Fister from USS Mariner. "Today, however, it turns out that Fister is being brought up anyway, with Vargas being optioned to Tacoma. Fister, a 7th-round pick in 2006, is tall but relies more on good command (just 11 walks this year) than velocity. As a righthanded groundball pitcher instead of a flyball lefty, he’s basically the opposite of the guys currently filling out the rotation. Nevertheless, he’ll likely have a similar career as a back-end starter or long reliever, although we don’t know yet in which capacity he’s to be used in the immediate future."

http://ussmariner.com/2009/08/07/fister-replaces-vargas/