Chicago @ Seattle Gamethread

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
I said when the rumor about the waiver claim came out that if the Sox got Rios, I really thought the clubhouse morale would get really bad. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

That's too f***ing bad for them. How could they possibly not understand, given how much they s*** their pants down the stretch every year?

I'm ready to put Dye's ass on waivers at this point.

Sit him for a f***ing week for all I care.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
I said when the rumor about the waiver claim came out that if the Sox got Rios, I really thought the clubhouse morale would get really bad. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

You're probably right. And that would probably cement for me why they'd need to cut the chord with some of these guys.

Remember last year when Cabrera was the most hated man in the clubhouse -- but the only guy who showed up in Minnesota at the end of the year? Some of these other guys are just too comfortable.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 10:07 PM)
Guys seem to be inspired by the acquisition of Rios.

If the heat of a division chase doesnt inspire them, maybe they can have a front row view of Rios taking their job then. Its August. Its time to perform.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 08:12 PM)
You have three players in Dye, Thome, and Pods who are all free agents after this year. You'd have to be crazy to think they were going to be excited to see their at bats go down due to Rios coming aboard.

Way to swing at ball 4 Alexei!

Then they should have been hitting more.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 10:12 PM)
You have three players in Dye, Thome, and Pods who are all free agents after this year. You'd have to be crazy to think they were going to be excited to see their at bats go down due to Rios coming aboard.

Way to swing at ball 4 Alexei!

I think we're now officially in a teamwide slump.