My list would be:

1. Bringing in Ozzie to manage.

2. Re-signing Konerko.

3. Calling up and keeping Buehrle.

4. Signing JD.

5. Scott Podsednik for Carlos Lee

6. John Danks for Brandon McCarthy.

7. Gavin Floyd for Freddy Garcia.

8. Drafting, keeping, and calling up Beckham.

9. Getting rid of "me-first" type players (OC, Swisher, Branderson, Fields, etc.)

10. Peavy deal, only pitcher I'll even miss slightly is Poreda.

Only one I dislike:

Ross Gload for Andrew Sisco.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)
Looking back, the Ritchie trade is a wash. Wells is mediocre and not much of a loss. Everyone else never played that well anyway.

Josh Fogg was about a league average pitcher and helped pitch the Rockies into the World Series, I'd say that's well enough.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:58 PM)
he's a psychic ninja sniper.

:lolhitting

I'd have to go with the Thornton deal. I just think that this deal was the epitome of KW's ability to identify talent, get input from his coaching staff on what they see, evaluate character, and after all those things show up as positives, he was able to convince Seattle that they were sending him trash for trash. Granted that was Bavasi who we all know was a horrible GM, but still, I just loved this move. Very similar to Jenks and TCQ but in Thornton's case he just showed raw talent and had never shown the success of Jenks, TCQ, Johnny Danks which, imo, proves that KW is indeed a psychic ninja sniper.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)
I think his best move was the Peavy trade. He paid pennies to the dollar for an ace.

Could definitely become his best, no doubt.

The dumbass horse for Pods is the best imo at this moment, just because it accomplished so much.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
Could definitely become his best, no doubt.

The dumbass horse for Pods is the best imo at this moment, just because it accomplished so much.

Hey now! Watch what you say about El Caballo! While it was a beneficial trade for the Sox to get Pods that year, Carlos put up very nice #'s with us, and continues to rake in Houston. He had his moments on the basepaths and in domes.... but the man gave us good memories, especially one of the best finishes to a Sox/Cubs game in the history of the series. (walk off grand slam)

In any case, my fav moves by KW

---> Ozzie

---> Getting Jenks

---> Signing Dye to a 2 year

---> Rios (although 28, he still has a lot to prove, hopefully he hits his prime with us)

Go Sox!