Chicago @ Seattle Gamethread

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
Dye and Konerko seem to be sitting.

Kotsay will be at 1st. My guess is that the Sox want to get as many lefties in the lineup as possible to go against King Felix. I like the idea of sitting Dye since he'll be able to get two full days off, which will hopefully help him get a mental breather (which should do good things for his bat).

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
1. Pods, CF

2. Beckham, 3B

3. Rios, RF

4. Thome, DH

5. THQ, LF

6. AJ, C

7. Alexei, SS

8. Kotsay, 1B

9. Nix, 4

Ugh....

Whats up with Getz. Would have figured he'd get the start against a tough righty.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 05:28 PM)
1. Pods, CF

2. Beckham, 3B

3. Rios, RF

4. Thome, DH

5. THQ, LF

6. AJ, C

7. Alexei, SS

8. Kotsay, 1B

9. Nix, 4

Ugh....

I know people are going to be disappointed with Rios playing in RF and Pods staying in CF, but I doubt Ozzie wants to put Q in RF suddenly considering his health status. My guess is we see Rios only in CF this season when Pods is not playing, when Q is not playing, or perhaps as a defensive replacement late in games.

Hopefully they will address Q moving to RF next season, however.

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 05:30 PM)
Rios seems to be better suited hitting in the 2 spot. Put Beckham at the 3 hole.

He should also be in CF. What are you doing Ozzie?

He's not wanting to make wholesale changes. Depending on who is being rested, I believe Rios may find himself batting almost anywhere in the order. Lead off, third, or sixth.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 05:31 PM)
I know people are going to be disappointed with Rios playing in RF and Pods staying in CF, but I doubt Ozzie wants to put Q in RF suddenly considering his health status. My guess is we see Rios only in CF this season when Pods is not playing, when Q is not playing, or perhaps as a defensive replacement late in games.

Hopefully they will address Q moving to RF next season, however.

They won't. Sorry to disappoint you. They do not view Quentin as a RF at all. If that was the case, they would have put him there when JD was on the injury bug and this is when Quentin was healthy. Instead, they trotted Scott Podsednik out there for a few games. Sox brass does not view him as a RF at all.

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 05:30 PM)
He should also be in CF. What are you doing Ozzie?

So what do you want him to do.. Trout Pods in RF? They aren't putting Quentin out there since he's injured (they didn't do it when he was healthy) I have no problem with what Ozzie is doing today espeically since Quentin and Thome are playing. Now if Rios is in LF and Pods is in CF tomorrow.. then we have a problem.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
They won't. Sorry to disappoint you. They do not view Quentin as a RF at all. If that was the case, they would have put him there when JD was on the injury bug and this is when Quentin was healthy. Instead, they trotted Scott Podsednik out there for a few games. Sox brass does not view him as a RF at all.

So what do you want him to do.. Trout Pods in RF? They aren't putting Quentin out there since he;s injured (they didn't do it when he was healthy) I have no problem with what Ozzie is doing today espeically since Quentin and Thome are playing. Now if Rios is LF and Pods is in CF tomorrow.. then we have a problem.

Quentin will be moving to RF this off-season barring some other move. They just didn't want to move Dye and right now given Quentin's health they obviously don't want to mess with him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
Quentin will be moving to RF this off-season barring some other move. They just didn't want to move Dye and right now given Quentin's health they obviously don't want to mess with him.

I'd be shocked really Jason considering they could have played him in RF when JD was injured earlier in the season. Remember Quentin was healthy around that time too and still didn't do it. I'm not sure if Ozzie thinks he can play the position and he's been in LF for two years now so I'm sure he's used to it.

I'm not going to get worked up with ozzie hes trying to keep his clubhouse togeather right now with rios coming over, we all know he was brought here to play CF im not going to worry about; also is getz hurt?

some numbers to consider for rios

over the last week .429/.438/.857 1.295, post all star .274/.325/.479 .804 and lastly .346/.382/.615 .997 RISP 2 out