TONY PENA MAKES STEVE ANGRY.

Steve9347

QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 01:34 AM)
Right. The only one with blinders may be you when talking about Patrick Kane.

Huh? I've made two posts in that thread, one of which was a picture. I'm still waiting for facts unlike the judgmental folks out there.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 02:33 AM)
Dotel was warming up next to T-Pain. He's fine

I seen that, but just because he's warming up does not mean he is fine. Can you confirm he was throwing hard? I've seen bluffs in baseball before.

Dotel may have been a little fatigue (44 pitches since Sunday)

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 01:07 AM)
Bad, very bad trade. His pitches just hang over the plate. I can't believe Ozzie used him over Dotel.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH THAT. I was also following on Gameday and I was wondering what pitch he throws at 90 MPH that just kind of starts belt high and ends up thigh high. Then I noticed its 90 to 91 MPH.....its his freaking fastball. He has a hanging motion on his fastball. WTF is he doing on this team....let alone in the major leagues.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
Bad, very bad trade. His pitches just hang over the plate. I can't believe Ozzie used him over Dotel.

For whatever reason, ever since the end of May, he's been pretty bad.

But look at his track record before that, it was pretty good.

I don't know how was you can really say it's a horrible trade unless;

1 - Pena doesn't get it turned around (could be injured or something is wrong mechanically with him)

2 - Allen becomes an above average first baseman in the major leagues which is something he hasn't done yet.

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 02:48 AM)
THE OFFENSE TONIGHT MAKES ME ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Pena gets a pass tonight.. score a f***ing run when there is a man on 3rd and no outs and the game wont need to go longer than 9.

3 runs in the last 23 innings. Pena wasn't the problem last night.

That said, glad I fell asleep during the 5th.

The offense makes Mike angry (I'm Mike). And I'm not too excited about Pena, either. But, Pena giving up the walk off single to Griffey in the 14th doesn't happen if the Sox were to actually score a run. Pitching was good on both sides, but the Sox had more chances and should have scored.

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 02:48 AM)
THE OFFENSE TONIGHT MAKES ME ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Pena gets a pass tonight.. score a f***ing run when there is a man on 3rd and no outs and the game wont need to go longer than 9.

When you're right, you're right.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 06:46 AM)
To be fair, this wasn't one of those times were some no-name starting pitcher faced the Sox for the first time and they folded.

Not to mention the no-name relievers that they couldn't score on. Last night was the worst offensive effort I've ever seen from the Sox. I went to bed after they were 0-11 with RISP.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 08:48 AM)
Not to mention the no-name relievers that they couldn't score on. Last night was the worst offensive effort I've ever seen from the Sox. I went to bed after they were 0-11 with RISP.

They were pretty damn unlucky last night. I'm unsure if I've ever seen more luck/blown calls. Pods had a damn double taken away that kicked up chalk that would have scored at least a run, about 15 balls kicked off the mound or pitcher directly to a defensive player... it was just one of those really frustrating nights.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 06:49 AM)
They were pretty damn unlucky last night. I'm unsure if I've ever seen more luck/blown calls. Pods had a damn double taken away that kicked up chalk that would have scored at least a run, about 15 balls kicked off the mound or pitcher directly to a defensive player... it was just one of those really frustrating nights.

Yeah, the ball bounced Seattle's way a few times last night, but I'm not going to make excuses for them. Pods got picked off of third like a f'n Little Leaguer. Cox sent Nix home on a fly ball to Ichiro that wasn't nearly deep enough. And even in the middle of what looked like a dominant 10 K effort from Felix, they Sox still managed to get 6 hits and 4 walks off of him... but couldn't get a single runner in. Going 0-11 w/ RISP is f'n inexcusable. This offense hasn't even looked like it's been trying for the past week.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:07 AM)

There is nothing in this guys history that suggests that he is a good pitcher or capable of being one. Yes, i know about how the success that we had with Thorton and Coop turing himaround. Remember though, that a left handeder with good stuff is a surer bet than a right handed guy with similiar stuff. Also, I wish kenny would not place so much emphasis on Coop being able to turn raw talent into gold. Not that we should not do thid, we should, but do we need to trade away a decent 1st base prospect whom AZ projects as a starter next year to get what amounts to a reclamation project??

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 10:02 AM)
There is nothing in this guys history that suggests that he is a good pitcher or capable of being one. Yes, i know about how the success that we had with Thorton and Coop turing himaround. Remember though, that a left handeder with good stuff is a surer bet than a right handed guy with similiar stuff. Also, I wish kenny would not place so much emphasis on Coop being able to turn raw talent into gold. Not that we should not do thid, we should, but do we need to trade away a decent 1st base prospect whom AZ projects as a starter next year to get what amounts to a reclamation project??

If you don't know what you're talking about it's best for everyone to refrain from saying it.

2007 (aka 2 years ago)

85.1 IP

3.27 ERA

1.101 WHIP

2:1 SO:BB

30 Holds

6.6 H/9

Those numbers are terrible!!!

Oh and by the way, why is it whenever we fail to hit it's because our offense is so anemic and dead and terrible. But when it happens to the other team (like Seattle last night) it's because our pitching was great?

Just wondering because reading post loss posts here it's never anything different.

im going to make this prediction right now, at the end of this ANGRY thread:

I think the Sox are about to go on a significant run, I do not think the Twins or the Tigers have the horses to compete with this team, and the Sox are -->

Flame

On