SOX @ Oakland, 3:05 PM...NO TV!

MHizzle85

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hanky Panky @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 12:17 PM)
I don't understand... how can this game not be on TV at all?

Fox has all the rights to games between 3 CT to 6 CT. They decided not to broadcast this game.

Is this game going to be on MLB.tv?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 12:17 PM)
Gio's been awesome in his last 3 starts - wish I could watch him pitch this one. And he's only 23!

He's been pretty good since his horrible start against the Twins.

We really killed him last year. Let's see what happens today.

Why did Oakland schedule it right during the FOX tv window if they knew it would not be televised? Something else going on at the Colisuem tonight?

Come on fellas, lets prove KW right for trading for Gavin, and trading away Gio, bats keep hitting today, Sox win 7-2

:gosox3: :gosoxretro: :gosox2:

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 12:24 PM)
Fox has all the rights to games between 3 CT to 6 CT. They decided not to broadcast this game.

Is this game going to be on MLB.tv?

And the A's could have changed the time to get it out of Fox's time slot, as teams normally do. But they didn't, which I guess means they don't have enough of a TV contract or good-enough TV ratings at home to make it worthwhile. I'm sure that makes visiting teams which do have decent home-market TV ratings and contracts really happy.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 11:24 AM)
He's been pretty good since his horrible start against the Twins.

We really killed him last year. Let's see what happens today.

We're really good against lefties in general. Did very well this year against Lee, CC and other good ones. With having to play Nix everyday while Getz is out, I hope we see a lot of them. Getz himself is hitting lefties better, as do Slayer, Missile and others, and we can get JD's awful defense off the field in making him the DH.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
NO TV? this is bogus. I hate just watching the gamecast

Haha I find sick pleasure in knowing that everyone has to share the same pain as the rest of us out-of-marketers and watch the gametracker. Actually, it's still depressing, I'd rather just watch the game.