AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:50 PM)
And the entire planet is hitting Contreras well...

Baseball is a funny game though. Coulda told me that when Danks/Floyd/Buehrle had matchups with Huff, Jakabauskas, etc.. that we'd pull those out.

That was a very fun game to be at. Linebrink sucked so much energy out of that place though, and my friend who hates linebrink called the Jacobs homerun. A.J.'s homerun was fantastic. I sat right behind the foul pole in the 500's, fun stuff.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
It's a great win considering two things: Rios proving himself to his teammates and we won a game while getting Linebrink likely booted from the set-up spot

Unless Ozzie has stated that Linebrink's role is changing I'm not buying it. I could already imagine him saying something like "we have nobody else so we have to stick with him".

I got sidetracked in watching the game when it was 4-3 KC. When I finally got back to it, I saw it was 7-7, and I eventually saw Pods come through for us. I first assumption was that the Sox had come back from being down to tie it 7-7. Now, I'm just glad I wasn't watching when Linebrink gave it up. I might today be short a TV.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 08:20 AM)
Unless Ozzie has stated that Linebrink's role is changing I'm not buying it. I could already imagine him saying something like "we have nobody else so we have to stick with him".

That's actually what he said during the post-game conference yesterday. "We have no choice, but to keep throwing him out their."

Hey, be fair. Dewayne Wise isn't hitting Contreras.

Either is Lillibridge.

Funny thing about last night is how quickly the game got tied. Two easy outs. Two dreaded walks. Hillman makes the pinch hit move to Jacobs, Sox pitching coach comes out to the mound and everybody watching on TV knew it was gonna be tied. One pitch .. bam, tie game.

Thank goodness we won.

You give the Royals a one run lead in the eighth now and it's over with Soria. You have to be tied or leading the Royals late folks.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 12:25 AM)
That was a very fun game to be at. Linebrink sucked so much energy out of that place though, and my friend who hates linebrink called the Jacobs homerun. A.J.'s homerun was fantastic. I sat right behind the foul pole in the 500's, fun stuff.

Definitely a fun game. I was also at it. I called the 3 run jack as soon as I saw Linebring come in. My girlfriend said, "Wow, you follow this team way too much". Very very fun game.