Who would you rather have starting at 2b?

son of a rude

Who do you want starting at 2b?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want starting at 2b?

• Getz
    • Nix
    • Getz against righties, Nix against lefties
    • Lillibridge (wtf?)

Ideally, if Getz continues to develop, he'd be a nice candidate for the #2 spot. Nice to have a lefty bat in the #2 spot & Getz handles the bat well and was starting to take more pitches (based on observation only, I could be mistaken). He's still got a ways to go at the plate but that's sort of a best case scenario.

Nix needs to stay inside the ball more but he does have nice power potential.

I'm impressed with Nix and his potential to be a good power hitter. If he were to get more paying time, he could be a 20-25+ HR guy. I had to vote for Getz, though. Getz gives the team more of what they need now. Speed, good defense, bunting ability, base stealing skills.

I like Nix but come talk to me when he's developed some consistency at the plate. Power is nice but an average in the .220s is not (OPS be damned, this isn't Jim Thome, you can see the effects too many Nix-like players has on this offense).

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 07:31 AM)
I like Nix but come talk to me when he's developed some consistency at the plate. Power is nice but an average in the .220s is not (OPS be damned, this isn't Jim Thome, you can see the effects too many Nix-like players has on this offense).

I agree. I do think, however, that he could get his average up a bit if he was playing regularly. Now, by a bit, I mean he might be scraping .240. He needs to develop for sure, and consistency at the plate is where is begins.

I'd move Alexei back to 2B next season and find a free agent SS or 3B this winter. One potential in-house solution would be Nix at 3B and Beckham at SS, although I'm not sure if Nix can play the hot corner that well (he's been a disaster at SS).

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)
I'd move Alexei back to 2B next season and find a free agent SS or 3B this winter. One potential in-house solution would be Nix at 3B and Beckham at SS, although I'm not sure if Nix can play the hot corner that well (he's been a disaster at SS).

Beckham's poor range at 3rd doesn't seem to translate well to SS.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)

Not really. Gordo should be a 3B or 2B, if you dont like Alexei at SS, Gordon will not make you happy either. He really should stick at 3B at this point. We have 2 plus defenders at 2B now with Getz and Nix, and a rookie SS who by all account SHOULD improve defensively by next season, and is a great offensive threat at the position.

The real potential in house solution would be to not change anything.