You're The Manager

hogan873

Okay, so say Ozzie is suspended for the rest of the season for well, being Ozzie. No one else wants to fill out the lineup cards after reading too much Soxtalk. The phone rings, and it's KW. "I need ya," he says. "You need to set my lineups for the rest of the season."

So, considering the roster we have now, what's you're lineup? Against righties; against lefties; resting Thome, Dye, Konerko, etc.

Have fun with it.

I wouldnt put Bobby Jenks out to pitch in non-save situations. Just like I wouldn't make Jim Thome a pinch runner or have Jermaine Dye bunt.

Lineup

1. Pods-LF

2. Beckham-3B

3. Dye-RF

4. Thome/Quentin-DH

5. AJP-C

6. Konerko-1B

7. Rios-CF

8. Ramirez-SS

9. Getz/Nix-2B

I'd rotate Thome and Quentin at DH for the rest of the season. I'd also give Beckham a day off, once Getz is back in the lineup, letting Nix play 3B. Late inning PH would be Thome/Quentin and Kotsay. Lillibridge would be a late inning Pinch Runner along with Wise.

vs LHP:

Pods DH

Beckham 3B

Dye RF

Konerko 1B

Quentin LF

Pierzynski

Rios CF

Ramirez SS

Nix 2B

vs RHP:

Pods CF (But not really)

Beckham 3B

Dye RF

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Quentin LF

Ramirez SS

Getz 2B

And the entire time, I'd be rotating Pods/Quentin/Dye/Thome/Rios between LF/CF/RF/DH. But really, its tough to have set lineups. Just got at it day by day considering matchups and rest.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
Beckham - SS

Beckham - CF

Beckham - 1B

Beckham - DH

Beckham - 3B

Beckham - LF

Beckham - 2B

Beckham - C

Beckham - RF

Several W.S. wins and MVPs right there. Beckham - 15 Phillies - 0 (W.S. game 4 win.. perfect game.. - Gordon Beckham)

I'd flip flop Beckham-2b and Beckham-RF. Besides that though, I completely agree.

Vs. RHP

1. Podsednik CF

2. Beckham 3B

3. Dye RF

4. Thome DH

5. Konerko 1B

6. Pierzynski C

7. Quentin LF

8. Ramirez SS

9. Nix 2B

Vs. LHP

1. Podsednik DH

2. Beckham 3B

3. Rios CF

4. Konerko 1B

5. Dye RF

6. Pierzynski C

7. Quentin LF

8. Ramirez SS

9. Nix 2B

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:44 PM)
I hate the idea of leading off with Beckham, but it's the only logical way to get Nix in the lineup without depriving Rios of an RBI-OBP oriented spot.

Nothing that had to do with your lineup, just wanted to bring the Karma back to you.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
Okay, so say Ozzie is suspended for the rest of the season for well, being Ozzie. No one else wants to fill out the lineup cards after reading too much Soxtalk. The phone rings, and it's KW. "I need ya," he says. "You need to set my lineups for the rest of the season."

So, considering the roster we have now, what's you're lineup? Against righties; against lefties; resting Thome, Dye, Konerko, etc.

Have fun with it.

Have you visited with Ozzie about this? :lolhitting :lol:

Edited by elrockinMT