Who Is Your Favorite Stooge

hogan873

Gleason is the resident Stooge expert I think - or was it someone else here who used to watch them with his grandfather?? I'm fair to middling in Stoodeology.

Least favorite is a two-way between Joe Besser and and Joe DeRita — although DeRita probably gets the overall crappy Stooge nod.

As for favorite, I'm one of those odd ones who think Shemp did an outstanding job filling Jerry's shoes and is vastly undarappreciated, so I'll go Shemp.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

I think some of the funniest moments were with Curly, but I found Shemp to be one of my favorites. Interesting fact was that he was one of the originals, along with Moe and Larry. He left to do some solo stuff but eventually came back when Curly's health started failing.

Curly's life was pretty sad, reading about it. He was very self-conscious about his appearance, his shaved head and baby-face looks being perfect for the Stooges. He began drinking heavily, was married and divorced several times, and started suffering a series of strokes.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)
Gleason is the resident Stooge expert I think - or was it someone else here who used to watch them with his grandfather?? I'm fair to middling in Stoodeology.

Nope, not me. Though I like them, I am a much bigger fan of the other comedy teams. I'm a Marx Brothers fanatic and I will take Laurel and Hardy over the Stooges any day of the week.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 01:14 PM)
Nope, not me. Though I like them, I am a much bigger fan of the other comedy teams. I'm a Marx Brothers fanatic and I will take Laurel and Hardy over the Stooges any day of the week.

Ah, it was qwerty who is the Stooge Head, and used to watch them with his uncle.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)
I'll refute that, based on the name of the band at the time of their debut release.

StoogesStooges.jpg

They were first billed as "The Psychedelic Stooges".

Anway I saw the Three Stooges perform in person in Hillside in 1959. After their performance the Stooges went and milled about in the audience and I got to shake hands with Moe. My favorite of the Three Stooges was probably Curly.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
Oh, yeah. . . here's a bit of trivia. Joe Besser went on to do the voice for Babu, Genie's sidekick in the badly produced Hannah-Barbara animated version of I Dream of Genie.

My gosh, we saw that on the cable channel when we were in Indiana. I was remarably stuck to the tv to watch that POC.

Then again, that POC is GREAT compared to 99% of TV today.