Who is our OLDEST poster?? POST YOUR AGE!

Steve9347

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 05:05 PM)
22. Will be 23 in 2 months. Meanwhile.. Jim, Tex, Rex, Yasny etc.. are trying to avoid this thread at all cost. :P

Not avoiding it - I couldn't find my #%* bifocals. . .

Douglas Adams says my age is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

That's supposed to be comforting I guess.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 07:10 PM)
Not avoiding it - I couldn't find my #%* bifocals. . .

Douglas Adams says my age is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

That's supposed to be comforting I guess.

Bud Selig never met Douglas Adams.

I think that's how you know when you are REALLY getting old. I see BigEd there, see him say he is 59. Now, if I was 16 or so I would look at him and say "ha, look at the old guy". But now, being much wiser, I look at him and say "damn, that is soooo cool! He's seen some pretty kick ass stuff in his time now!". Ya learn how to respect and appreciate life a bit more.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 09:00 PM)
I think that's how you know when you are REALLY getting old. I see BigEd there, see him say he is 59. Now, if I was 16 or so I would look at him and say "ha, look at the old guy". But now, being much wiser, I look at him and say "damn, that is soooo cool! He's seen some pretty kick ass stuff in his time now!". Ya learn how to respect and appreciate life a bit more.

Spoken like a man looking out at the abyss of impending old age.

I Kid Kid Because I Care.®

I once met a guy when I was working in retail. He was old man. He mentioned how he was 89 years old.

I said to him "wow, you're so willing to admit your age, not many people are willing to do that".

He looked back at me with a slight smile and said "yeah, and those people are idiots. Why be ashamed of your age? It's something you should always be proud of. I lay money on it somebody who died when they were 20 would have loved to have made it to 89. Your age is an accomplishment. It's not easy to have made it this far.".

Pretty much, right after that, I never was to be ashamed of how old I am or how old I got. I joke about it, but I will never be ashamed of it. My high school lost a lot of people while I was there. I look at their pictures now and realize just how young they did die, and how much of life they missed.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 07:21 PM)
There's got to be someone on this site that's older than 59. I mean, 59 isn't that old.

THANK YOU!! I agree there's got to be someone older, they're just not fessin' up. Which makes me the ol' coot of Soxtalk.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)
39, but I am in the best physical condition of my entire life. If only I had a full head of hair, all would be great. Sadly, I'm bald so that makes the rest all a moot point.

Hey, I resemble that remark.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)
There's got to be someone on this site that's older than 59. I mean, 59 isn't that old.

Old people aren't allowed to use the internet. Or that's what I tell my parents anyway, but they don't listen and sign up for Facebook accounts. Grrr.