GameThread: White Sox(62-59) vs Orioles(49-72) 7:11pm CSN/WSCR

Kyyle23

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 07:20 PM)
Seriously, he just kills rallies that way. Pisses me off. He's had such a good offensive season otherwise, with some big time clutch hits, but the pickoffs... dammit.

thats the fustrating part. awesome offensivley this year, but the pick offs and defense is atrocious. i wanted pods back for next but forget it.

Funny enough Pods was on the radio a few days ago talking about how he has to balance being aggressive with being reckless. Yet once again he kills a rally by pulling a boner. Getting picked off at 2nd when you are looking at the 2nd baseman creeping is beyond stupid. We need to keep from wasting opportunities.

Also Dye needs to be removed from the 3 hole. Ozzie waited to pull Everett from the 3 hole in 05. Time to move Quentin in there and move Dye down.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)
thats the fustrating part. awesome offensivley this year, but the pick offs and defense is atrocious. i wanted pods back for next but forget it.

He has been respectable offensively, and certainly better than I expected but he has been far from awesome. He is a below average for a leadoff man, and a below league average hitter overall. He is certainly better than Wise and Anderson though. Unfortunately he is quite possibly the worst base runner in baseball.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 08:07 PM)
He has been respectable offensively, and certainly better than I expected but he has been far from awesome. He is a below average for a leadoff man, and a below league average hitter overall. He is certainly better than Wise and Anderson though. Unfortunately he is quite possibly the worst base runner in baseball.

i thought i had some bad base runners on my slow pitch softball team but pods makes em look good

At least Floyd is on a roll, but this seems like one of those games we lose 2-1 after Gavin gives up another homer...

Beckham really struggling now (well, he's human) and Pods and Ramirez are fighting an ongoing battle for worst mental preparation or careless mistakes on a day-to-day basis.

Have a feeling the Orioles will come back to score at least one here after the GIDP.