Road trip prediction poll.

bobryansson

Poll on predictions for road trip record  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the record on the Not-White Sox->Yankee->Twins trip will be?

• 10-0
    • 9-1
    • 8-2
    • 7-3
    • 6-4
    • 5-5
    • 4-6
    • 3-7
    • 2-8
    • 1-9

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
5-5 probably.. but I'm leaning towards 6-4. We usually play well versus the good teams so I'm optimistic on that but I can't see us beating the Twins in the series though I think we can take 1 game.

You absolutely shut down Peavy if we're more than 6 or 7 games out after the road trip. All reports indicate he's very uncomfortable on the mound, so why even risk him overcompensating for any soreness and messing up his mechanics? Same goes for Danks, as you can put some unusual torque on your shoulder when you can't guide the ball with your finger.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 05:30 PM)
You absolutely shut down Peavy if we're more than 6 or 7 games out after the road trip. All reports indicate he's very uncomfortable on the mound, so why even risk him overcompensating for any soreness and messing up his mechanics? Same goes for Danks, as you can put some unusual torque on your shoulder when you can't guide the ball with your finger.

I think you quoted the wrong person. :P

I've already predicted but as an addendum ... if we go 3-3 at home versus the Royals and O's with a lot at stake, how in the heck can anybody predict better than .500 on this trip?

That stuff about playing to our competition doesn't cut it on the road.

5-5 would be a monumental miracle.

2-8 is rearing its ugly head at us.

Edited by greg775

i know sox play better against better opponents but i really cant see this sox team playing good right now.

floyd n danks r the only startin pitchers i really trust right now

n these guys sayin they gonna go 9-1 or 10-0 ...i really hope you guys r just messin around cuz no offense but its kind of a dumb thing to say right now

Can you imagine if we'd have gone 6-0 versus KC and the Os? We'd be so pumped. But our passionless team didn't come close to that.

Those of you who say sweeps are not reasonable ... look at what the Twinks did to the pissant Royals over the weekend: Swept em in KC.

We should have at least won five of the six games. And we'd be so psyched.

I agree on the shutting down of Peavy at least if we go 2-8 and the Tigers go 7-3 or 8-2. s*** if the Twins sweep us, they'll be barreling past us as well. Shut him down if we don't excel on this trip.

The Sox have played tough teams fairly well...in spurts. This road trip will probably be no exception. I would like to think they could go 7-3 or better, but I chose 6-4. If the road trip ends with the Sox 2 games or less out of first, it'll be good.