Anyone else here scared of these next 20 up and coming games?

whitesoxgt

i really have no confidence on this team these next 2 games with contreras and Garcia starting, and its gettin to the point where i get really scared when Buehrle pitches. he just gives up too many hits and hes always gettin scored upon..

then it doesn't help when paulie and dye strugglin putting up crappy numbers and Rios not showin anything since he got here.

and Thome as much as i love the guy lives and dies with the home run...the one thing that a lot of ppl said when describing this white sox team.

oh man idk how many ppl will agree with me but i am just sick n tired of seein this team play.

i really hope all this comes from frustration on my part ...a lot of these guys are playin like they dont care since they might not be back next year.

Edited by whitesoxgt

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 06:47 PM)
I am scared that Ozzie won't move Dye from the 3 hole and Quentin into it, until its way too late.

+1

JD should be hitting 7th right now. He's earned the right to play his way out of a slump, but not to hold onto the 3rd spot in the order indefinitely.

I'm excited because the Sox seem to be a team likes to play to the level of their competition.

But whatever happens this year I love the new core. Kenny has done a fantastic job overall transitioning this team from the 2006 squad to the 2010 and beyond squad, and who knows? Maybe we'll get two division winners out of it, and even though the 2007 season was abysmal, it still brought us Beckham. Thank God.

I think the Red Sox have been pretty underwhelming this weekend...from what I have seen. However, I will agree that I want to throw up on myself when I hear "Contreras will start game one followed by Garcia starting game 2."

I'll be scared if Peavy comes back and hes ineffective. I'd like to see a four man rotation when he comes back, although I know most people hate the four man rotation for reasons that make no sense.

Well once again, it doesn't really matter..

Detroit has lost 2 in a row to the A's.. We can keep struggling against other teams, whatever, whats going to matter the most is the final 9 games of the season where we play Detroit 6 times and Cleveland 3 times.. Thats where we need to come through the most so right now im not really sweating this team being mediocre as they could possibly be..

I'm not really scared because it isn't as if we're in first and trying to hold off a charging team. We have been inconsistent and underachieved for the majority of the year. If we have a great stretch here with these games I am confident we will be in the playoffs. If we falter, it's b/c we didn't deserve it and we'll have to look towards 2010.

QUOTE (whitesoxgt @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 07:21 PM)
i really have no confidence on this team these next 2 games with contreras and Garcia starting, and its gettin to the point where i get really scared when Buehrle pitches. he just gives up too many hits and hes always gettin scored upon..

then it doesn't help when paulie and dye strugglin putting up crappy numbers and Rios not showin anything since he got here.

and Thome as much as i love the guy lives and dies with the home run...the one thing that a lot of ppl said when describing this white sox team.

oh man idk how many ppl will agree with me but i am just sick n tired of seein this team play.

i really hope all this comes from frustration on my part ...a lot of these guys are playin like they dont care since they might not be back next year.

Not really - I look forward to it since it will likely be the be the determining factor. I'm tired of wondering what we are.

Hell, yeah I'm scared of the next 20 games. But, I'm sure Tiger fans feel the same way. Both teams have been trying to give the other team the division and so one wants it. I think, however, that the next 10 games may tell the tale. If the Sox man up against Boston, NY, and MN, and the Tigers continue to play the way they have been, the division should belong to the Sox.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
There's no way to not be terrified

Unless yr just looking towards 2010 with Beckham/Peavy for a full year.

And Rios...at least we won't be constantly wondering about who's going to play CF.

I'm not scared. This is what the season is all about right here. I'm tired of playing/losing to the Royals/Indians/Orioles. Those teams are annoying and love playing spoilers. The Sox usually do well against better teams. See Angels, Yankees, Rays series. This is going to be an interesting road trip, to say the least.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 12:12 PM)
And Rios...at least we won't be constantly wondering about who's going to play CF.

Oh come on you know that's not true. Rios will be playing all over in the OF next year. Ozzie is horrible at making lineups.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 11:15 AM)
Oh come on you know that's not true. Rios will be playing all over in the OF next year. Ozzie is horrible at making lineups.

True. If Wise is still a Sox next year, Rios may not play at all.

Not scared at all.

If they want to make the playoffs, aren't these the same type of teams they would have to face anyway? Besides, the Sox seem to play up to the level of their competition, so maybe they come in focused & ready. Though it would be nice to play that way vs. some of the also-rans as well.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 12:46 PM)
If I see a "are you in or out?" poll I will throw my computer.

thats all it takes to make you break your things? awesome

one a day until BigSqwert has no more things

Not scared at all. Tired of watching them play crappy against crappy teams. I'm looking forward to watching them play well (still hover around that .500 level though) against some good teams.

I am not really looking forward to the Twinkiedome though...