Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
Bradley Beal, number 7 recruit in 2011 class has decided to attend KU's late night over Illinois.

I expect him to sign soon with KU.

He might but considering Self has Beal's entire HS team coming (because his coach is pro KU) it shouldn't be surprising Beal chose to go to KU's MM. He very well could commit to KU but this really isn't that telling of a sign.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed up for my Iowa State - Duke ticket at the United Center for January 6.

Starting to get excited. You'd think a team possessing one of only two unanimous All Big 12 picks as well as the Big 12 preseason newcomer of the year would be decent.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 07:41 PM)
Maroon Madness Friday!

Tubby's Tipoff is Friday too. We've got high hopes in Minnesota after losing worthless players and gaining a highly touted recruiting class. I can't wait for the season to begin.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 07:28 PM)
Huh, just found out that Diamond Taylor transferred to SIU. Hopefully he can prevent himself from relieving other people of their things, and concentrate on basketball.

Read that last week. Hoping his thing at Wisc was an isolated incident. He's a player.

As much as I am excited about this season with the guys on the roster and Turners last season as a buckeye, but 2010 is something that looks so great not only for OSU but for the Big Ten. There is so much talent coming into the conference next year.

Wisconsin fans had high hopes for Taylor, but he was involved in multiple theft incidents (going into dorm rooms and stealing items out of them) that they just could not in good conscience keep him.

I hope that he turns it around, but there was just no way Wisconsin could keep him after the amount of trouble he got in before the season even started.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
KU is bringing in a monster group of players for Late Night in the phog

Harrison Barnes (#2 2010) Josh Selby (#4 20101) Doron Lamb (#21 2010) Beal, Josian Turner (#56 2011) JP Tokoto (#4 2012)

Big night for Kansas, especially if Barnes leans towards KU. Selby seems to be upset that Irving is going to Kentucky for their Midnight Madness, as the rumor mill is churning that he may verbal there to shock Duke who seems to be the clear leader for him now that former clear leader Indiana was eliminated. If he does, that would clearly have an impact on Selby who is very interested in Kentucky at the moment. The Irving and Barnes recruitments have been interesting to say the least. I will be interested to see if any big names come out of these trips as commits! My Tarheels have Late Night With Roy, but mostly recruits already in the fold or a bit further down the line in class will be attending.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 14, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
Wisconsin fans had high hopes for Taylor, but he was involved in multiple theft incidents (going into dorm rooms and stealing items out of them) that they just could not in good conscience keep him.

I hope that he turns it around, but there was just no way Wisconsin could keep him after the amount of trouble he got in before the season even started.

I dont blame Wisconsin at all for letting him go, I am kind of surprised SIU picked him up though. With Ryan Hare's recent law troubles, Carlton Fay getting a drinking ticket, and a few former players in the past 8 years or so getting arrested for various dumb things, you would think SIU would try and stay away from "rehab" projects

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
KU is bringing in a monster group of players for Late Night in the phog

Harrison Barnes (#2 2010) Josh Selby (#4 20101) Doron Lamb (#21 2010) Beal, Josian Turner (#56 2011) JP Tokoto (#4 2012)

Beal's not going to KU anymore, going to Alabama State instead. That would be a huge recruiting upset!

actually, his brother plays football at Alabama St., just going to watch him play

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 15, 2009 -> 07:11 AM)
Beal's not going to KU anymore, going to Alabama State instead. That would be a huge recruiting upset!

actually, his brother plays football at Alabama St., just going to watch him play

This has actually fueled the fire to the rumors of Irving and Beal ending up at Kentucky now.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 15, 2009 -> 12:31 PM)
Beal isn't going to Kentucky

You are correct Beal and Kentucky are not a issue. CJ Leslie and Irving are the headliners of an impressive group going to Kentucky for midnight madness. Beal and Kentucky are not connected whatsoever.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)
Apparently Evan Turner is throwing around the idea of staying for his senior season.

http://blog.dispatch.com/hoopsscoops/2009/...t_staying.shtml

With the talent coming in next year, they could be scary good, but I'm fairly sure he will change his mind and go pro.

Since I watched them both in high school, would be nice to watch Turner and Lenzelle play together for a year.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)
Real excited for Osiris' senior year. Maybe this will be the year he gets the birds over the hump and into the dance.

He seems to be absolutely fired up, and motivated to do awesome this season judging by some of his recent facebook statuses.

Did you go to Hoopfest on Friday? I think we got something special in Jackie Carmichael.