Peavy Ok

Chisoxfn

great to see he's ok. i was getting worried after some of the armchair doctors in the other thread were predicting gloom and doom. i never knew you could accurately assess someone's health by reading newspaper quotes but apparently some here possess that ability.

Good news. I would like to see Peavy pitch this year. It may not matter, as the team will most likely be out of it soon, but there's no reason to not let him start a game or two.

I understand the concern about his health, but if I see the words "shut Peavy down" one more time I might vomit.

There's absolutely no reason to pitch this guy this year. Bring him to spring training ready to hopefully go. I mean he's been out so long, no reason.

I'm all for holding off Cleveland, but cmon. Do it with the young guys, not Peavy, who has had a bad luck season and might get hurt again.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 06:20 AM)
I'd love to see Peavy pitch sometime next week. There's no reason to let all of his hard work be for naught.

Except for the fact that the bone bruise on his pitching elbow is causing him serious discomfort.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)
You are stubborn.

I don't know why you think our bullpen is magically going to start getting people out and why our defense is going to become adequate all of a sudden.

it's baseball. inexplicable things happen often.

really, though, the bullpen and defense problems would be less acute if we were hitting remotely close to what folks expected.