A prediction that I DIDN'T want to come true

SockMe

Last week someone posted a Predict the Roadtrip thread and I said 1-9, more as a joke but at the time I knew we sucked, and now that prediction is sadly unfolding before are eyes, what is that 3 walk offs now? 1 in each series? Thats pathetic, weak ass pen, weak ass lineup.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 11:08 PM)
Last week someone posted a Predict the Roadtrip thread and I said 1-9, more as a joke but at the time I knew we sucked, and now that prediction is sadly unfolding before are eyes, what is that 3 walk offs now? 1 in each series? Thats pathetic, weak ass pen, weak ass lineup.

You mean this nightmare is all your fault!!!

Keep your %^$#@! predictions to yourself next time, buddy.

:)

Let's review all our predictions and make a comment on how you felt now and then, please.

* I went with 2-8. Not so confident it'll come true. At the time I felt the O's and Royals series were KILLERS and we'd get bludgeoned by the Yankees and BoSox and of course can't beat the Twinks. I thought we'd get one in Boston and one in Minnie and get swept by the revenge minded Yankees.

I was hoping we'd show some fight and our bats would awaken ... but NOOOOOOOOO.

When are we gonna start winning again? We got a whole month remaining. We could really have a bad record by the time this season is over.

I don't know if we're doom and gloomers. If we were going to some easier cities on a 10-game trip, I don't think I'd have gone with 2-8. I mean we were bad going into the journey, but kind of .500 scratch your head bad. Now we are dregs of baseball bad, fighting for third place.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (SockMe @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 11:08 PM)

When you saw Tony Pena come in during the 9th inning to replace Thornton what did you think was going to happen. He was going to be awesome and shut em down. Another poster actually said it probably about a week ago, Pena has good stuff, but hes bad. The reason being he has no real command or control of the natural RUN on his pitches and it gets him in trouble. Is there any person on the planet that thought swapping Pena for Thornton in the 9th was going to result in something good??

I predicted since the beginning of the season that we would end up in 3rd behind Detroit and Minny with a 78-84 record

Looks like we might even be worse than that!

Jeez,wasn't it just a month ago that MB pitched a perfect game that put us in a tie for 1st heading to Detroit with a lot of "momentum"?Seems like ages ago...

I said 6-4 and was actually confident that would happen. I was thinking 5-5 at worst. I think the first loss in Boston pretty much set the tone for the road trip. It was a game we should have won and gave it away.

The scary and frustrating part is that the Sox could finish the trip (including the game against the Shlubs) 2-9 or 3-8 and still be "in contention" because of the remainder of the schedule. So, I'll be forced to still watch the games AND be involved. I'd still watch the games if they were mathematically eliminated. But now I'll still have that minute ember of hope, and each loss will be that much more frustrating.

The scary and frustrating part is that the Sox could finish the trip (including the game against the Shlubs) 2-9 or 3-8 and still be "in contention" because of the remainder of the schedule

I'll keep watching too.

But if we are in contention, are the Indians as well? They are only four behind us?

We have to catch 2 teams and we can't even win a damn game at this point. We got to play Cubs in their stinkhole, Boston 4 more games, then after Oakland, the Angels? We ain't in contention.