It's The Last One!!!!! Game Thread 9-2-09

ChiSox_Sonix

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 12:21 PM)
He still got caught. No excuse not to run under the expectation that Gordon might miss.

It's not that simple. It's not a pitch he would have normally run on as he initially thought Duensing was throwing over to first. He only went after he knew the ball was going to the plate and that was WITH the expectation that Beckham would at least freaking swing.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 12:25 PM)
What? He got caught stealing. Scott can't just prance in to second, he needs to run flat-out. It's hit and run, not run tentatively, and hope like hell the other guy does his job

Umm, yeah, it is "hope like hell the other guy does his job." Thus the HIT part of "hit and run."

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
I’m sorry, is this going to be an “I was more of an amateur player then you so, I’m holier than thou” type thing?

No it's a "you clearly just demonstrated you have no idea what your talking about" moment so I figured I'd ask. Cuz if you had, you'd know that a hit and run where the batter doesn't swing almost always results in the baserunner looking foolish.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
There is a difference in a straight steal and a hit and run. The hit and run you are looking into the batter as he is suppossed to swing and the runner is to pick the ball up. There is also the late break to not get picked off on.

Assuming Pods has a good read on the pitcher, he's going from when the pitcher hits the windup. Caution exists prior to the pitch, after that you have to hope the other guy does his thing.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
Assuming Pods has a good read on the pitcher, he's going from when the pitcher hits the windup. Caution exists prior to the pitch, after that you have to hope the other guy does his thing.

Did you actually watch the play?