White Sox @ Cubs, 1:20 PM, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to play Wise, and I do not think they should. Put him in CF, Quentin in RF and Podsednik in LF...........ah forget it, Kotsay should be right over Wise....

This team really is making it hard to care.

I do not care how bad Dye and Rios are playing they should both be in over Wise. You have the pitcher hitting today though so Kotsay's bat could be more useful off the bench than Wise.

AJP in the 3-hole is literally one of the worst moves I've ever seen Ozzie make. The guy does not drive in runs. He has 39 freakin RBI's with 13 HR. That is awful production. He may be one of our worst hitter with RISP, I know he hits about .239 with RISP at below a 700 OPS.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
AJP in the 3-hole is literally one of the worst moves I've ever seen Ozzie make. The guy does not drive in runs. He has 39 freakin RBI's with 13 HR. That is awful production. He may be one of our worst hitter with RISP, I know he hits about .239 with RISP at below a 700 OPS.

One of the worst? Come on, talk about hyperbole, even if you disgree with it. But I happen to like it.

AJ is one of the most consistent hitters on this team this year. Keep in mind the guy was hitting down the order before, with guys in front of him who are slow as hell, so his RBI number isn't a great indicator of anything. He's hitting 20 points higher than anyone else on the team, his .458 SLG is 3rd highest on the team behind Konerko and Dye - Dye is out and hitting for crap right now and Paulie makes AJ look like a track star. OBP is 3rd on the team. Contact rate is very good, he rarely strikes out. The move actually makes a whole lot of sense.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 10:37 AM)
Why is there an absolute refusal to even TRY carlos in right field? Yes he's been injured. Dye and Podsednik are permanently injured in the fielding-brain.

This isn't going to happen unless there is an emergency situation this year. You have got to imagine they want to give Carlos a spring training at least in RF since he hasn't played out there for two years now at least.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 11:15 AM)
This isn't going to happen unless there is an emergency situation this year. You have got to imagine they want to give Carlos a spring training at least in RF since he hasn't played out there for two years now at least.

If you can throw Makowiak out in CF where he doesn't belong then you can put Q in RF. We are over-exaggerating the transition from LF to RF.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)

Come on...

AJ is one of the only guys on the team who is HITTING the ball.

Look at his splits the last two months:

- July: .356/.364/.506/.869

- August: .330/.374/.473/.846

And since no one else in the lineup is hitting squat, it makes perfect sense to have him third right now.